Welp sorry for the short email last week but I do have my new
companion so that's good news. Actually a lot of the missionaries that
were supposed to arrive didn't get their visas! So we are short about
15 missionaries right now. Elder Leavitt did extend his mission by about 3
weeks and so did 5 other people so they are helping out in the areas
where the new missionaries were supposed to go, instead of traveling
around like they were originally planning on doing. So I'm not really
sure where he is but he will be here till the 9th of April I think.
Anyway on to the interesting stuff. So I got my new companion! My Tio(or
uncle) because he is my second comp. He is from...drum roll
please....ha ha just kidding. His name is Elder Ramses Gomez from Costa
Rica. I can't remember the city because its a Spanish name but its on
the Pacific Coast somewhere. Yeah he is a way chill guy and I'm happy
he's my comp. He is very obedient which helps me to be also and we have
worked harder this past half week than I ever have before. Yet we still
don't have much to show for it. Our ward here is kind of dysfunctional. So I'm kind of
hoping this is my last transfer here but we will see what presidente
wants. Anyway love my comp but were struggling to find anyone to
teach...which is bad.
The only real success we have had is we talked to Carmen because
she now is finally done working out in Mercedes. And she said she wants
to get baptized but still doesn't know when. So hopefully we can have
her be part of the ginormous baptism we are having in the stake on the
21st of April with the rest of the zone. I just hope we have anyone that
wants to enter the waters of baptism....even if its not on that day. I
know this letter sounds bad and like I'm not happy here, but I am! There
really just is nothing good going on in the missionary work right now. I
am loving life as a missionary and love being in Argentina! I hit 5
months in the mission today and was weirded out....time really is
flying. We went to capital today again to renew elder Gomez´s DNI to
stay in the country and that was fun. Oh the thing about Elder Gomez is
that he is really quiet so I have had to talk a lot more. Which really
is good because I'm realizing my potential with the language. Especially
because I have to speak it 24/7 with him too. He knows very little
English. Also, I am understanding the people a lot better and can fully
hold a conversation without having my comp holding my hand translating
for me :) ha ha that makes me happy really and is helping me to keep
going strong. We are really still looking for people to teach because
that is what we lack for sure right now. Love life here and am happy to
be serving the Lord! Miss you all truly but will see you all in a year
and a halfish. Love you!
Elder Wells
PS. Sad to hear Josh is stuck
in the MTC. I wish he had his visa and know that the people that got
stuck there when I was there were SO disappointed. As for the zoo, we went in with
the lions, bengals, and I fed a bear with my mouth...I don't know if
that picture got through. I was going to send pictures today but
couldn't find my flash drive. I think Elder Ortiz took it for some
reason. I haven't had time to email Josh lately so tell Jeff I'm trying
to save Josh´s time for him. Hope Kara writes me! Give Derek a hug/kiss
for me :) ha ha he will love it...OK that's all :)
QUESTIONS:
How are your obedience goals? (I always gotta ask) Great now that I have Elder Gomez to help me!Are you seeing a huge change in yourself since setting those goals? Not huge but alot betterDo you feel busier since the new companion assignment? Much. We do all we're supposed to actually now and work all day...I got sunburned because of it
What is the deal with the knife in the door in your picture? We have a machete in the pench and for some reason elder Johnson threw it into the door. Don't ask
What's happening since transfers? Um....work work and work. Also Elder Ortiz is our district leader....he is pretty bad.****Have you gotten any "dear elders" from me yet? Yeah i got them all at the same time as the packages and one today too.****Did you get your peanut butter package yet? Yes! so goodHave you gotten any handwritten letters from anyone? Yeah I got a couple from people. Bekah, teej, and someone else but I cant remember exactly who. Miranda Jessee wrote me a dear elder.Who are the other two elders in you pensh? Elder Ortiz still and Elder Yoder From Chicago.
Are you still working through the members for referrals? doing our best but they don't have many to give.Is there anything I am forgetting to do for you? nope your the best and I finally appreciate all you do for me now that I' here and feel bad for all of the crap I gave you when I was home.Did you ever get a cd player in your pensh? Elder Gomez has one.
Has enough time gone by to get a new pensh yet? They are working on itWhat is the weather like there and when does winter start? been raining a bit. but other than that still hot! I want winter its way too hot still.....
Isn't it great to feel appreciated? Love to hear how he is doing!
ReplyDelete