Monday, May 7, 2012

WEEK 2 In VILLA CELINA

Well this week has flown by of course. Oh before I forget mom those dear elders you sent already got here. I don't have them yet but we have zone meeting tomorrow so I'll get them when we go to Ramos Mejia.
Well as for the area. I still love it. The comp, still love him. Although we have been getting a bit more grouchy lately. I think it just comes with being together 24/7 but I still try to do something nice for him daily. So overall I love it here compared to Castillo. Haha Elder Yoder in my old pensh told me the grass is always greener on the other side. I don't know if I believe that anymore. But yeah, the only thing I have to complain about is that it's still hard for me to understand the Bolivians and Paraguayans here. So I feel like I have regressed in my Spanish knowledge and being able to talk because I just....can't. I have been working really hard to gain the respect and trust of the members. It helps to have Elder Guzman because he is really outgoing and everyone is his best friend. So he helps me talk and we love it :).
As for investigators we haven't really had a whole lot. We have a lady named Mary who we sacked a baptismal date (sacha fetcha) with last night and I really think it will work out because she lives with a member family. SO she has a really great support system already. Also she has two nieces that really love Americans. So I am going to try to teach them a bit of English to have an ´in´ with them to get a baptismal date and some baptisms. It will be a lot of work but hopefully I can help them out! Other than that we have two kids of a recent convert that really want to get baptized but the dad doesn't want them to. He is Catholic. The mom has no problem but doesn't want to fight with the dad. Even though technically we only need the signature of the mom to baptize them. We´ll work on that this week. 
Funny things that happened this week. We had two Jehovah´s witnesses come to the door of a member family while we were sharing a scripture. The member family has been studying with them so it was kind of awkward when they let them in. Haha Elder Guzman knows a lot about the bible so he was ready to start bible bashing with them and you could tell they wanted to do it too. But we resisted and left. Really weird. Second thing, Bolivians really like to get drunk. And seeing as how our area is  like 70 percent Bolivians we get stopped by a lot of drunk guys. One even bought us a jug of juice.  He was the nicest drunk I've ever met. We also saw two drunks fighting....and they kissed to make up....haha two guys. I have never been so awestruck in my life. Most unexpected thing to happen ever. Anyway. Love you all .  I know the gospel is true. And make sure to have the Savior on your mind. After all we are The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints no? Can't wait to talk to my family in a week! love you all!

Elder Wells



#1 Question is: What do we need to know about the Mother's Day Call? I will call you from skype but am going to buy a phone card just in case it doesn't work out, so I can call you instead.  
Now you're in a slum, does Castillo still seem ghettoish? Haha there are nicer parts of Celina than in Castillo, and more ghetto parts in Castillo. Haha so no 
What kind of housing do the people there live in? Most people live in Piezas(rooms) with their families. They just rent it out from whoever owns the whole house. 
So if you're in a slum, how is it that everyone can afford to feed you 3 times a day? Because they're super humble and want to give us everything 
How's the water in Villa Celina? Fine but now we have to buy water according to the new rule that president put out this past weekend. Apparently too many missionaries are getting sick from it. (I still haven't for the record) 
Are you filtering the water? (Please say yes!) No 
What country is Roxanna Salazar from? Peru
 How is the English teaching going with Elder Guzman? Not too bad....he doesn't like to study that much so its slow. 
How many investigators do you have? like 7 good ones and 5 not so good ones 
 Do you and Elder Guzman have a better method for finding investigators? Not really. We work through the members a lot more because they actually trust us 
How are you getting along with the other 2 elders in your pensh? Not bad. Elder Sloan is a bit weird....kinda gets on my nerves. Elder Bagley is cool though and goes home after this transfer 
Any more practical, gross jokes? haha nope 
There's a Cool video on the mission blog of all the companionship changes. It shows pictures of the old companionships, the one that left flies away and the new one floats in (the pictures)  Did you see it?  It shows who is Senior companion and district leader etc.  Pretty cool. Haha that's the one we see every transfer....so yes I've seen it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment