Well about this week. I am honestly not sure what happened before Friday.....but I will do my best to let you all know. And mom sorry but by now in the mission its just a pain to write huge long letters. Not a whole lot happens during the week so sorry if its a little short.
I'll start with Friday. We had an awesome conference meeting with President Eyring and Elders Ballard and Christopherson! Also the whole mission was there! So we got to take a photo of the whole mission (the first one in history)! It should be on the blog I would imagine mom if you want to look for it. But their talks were all pretty good! Elder Christofferson I honestly don't remember what he talked about and I don't have my notes anymore, I'll tell you why in a little bit, but Elder Ballard talked about the prophesy from his grandpa (Melvin J Ballard) when he dedicated the land of South America for the preaching of the gospel. And pres. Eyring talked about the importance of temples which just strengthened my testimony of him as a prophet and the temples as houses of God. I loved it!
Saturday was the cultural celebration for the youth! It was awesome but we didn't get to get any work done at all! We had to leave the pensh at 11 to get to Ramos at 1. That was when we actually took the picture. Because the whole mission was there again! Haha it was pretty cool. I got to see a lot of old friends and catch up because we had like 45 minutes to wait before we got on the buses to go to the Independiente Soccer Stadium. It was way fun on the way there to get to know some more missionaries, and see all of downtown BA from the window of the bus. We got there and it really reminded me of the commemoration of Joseph Smith thing we did at Rice Eccles stadium like 7 years ago. It was crazy and just filled with mormons! haha so weird to see that after not being in Utah forever. But I also saw someone from the ward back home and I do not remember his name for the life of me....but he lived in the house next to the Ashbys and I think they moved. I am pretty sure he was on the high council for a while. I have no idea what his name is though. And I didn't get to talk to him, he looked like he was doing something really important. Well we did a practice of what we were supposed to do and then got to sit around for an hour and a half waiting for the event to start. More time to get to know missionaries and catch up! All of the Buenos Aires missions were there too (North, South, and West) So in total we were about 700 missionaries. When the time came we all walked onto the field singing Called to Serve. We stood there for like 10 minutes and then it was over. But all of the dances that the kids did before were way cool. There was this one gaucho (cowboy) dance that was way cool. They had big boots on and did like a way cool clogg dance. It was awesome. Anyway. It was a great experience and we didnt get back to the pensh till 11. haha so I'm tired.
Sunday was the re-dedication of the temple. We went to the 9 AM one and almost didn't get in but the door on the 2nd level of the building was propped open. If we hadn't gotten in it would have ruined all of our plans that day. Good thing. It was really good too and I dont remmeber a whole lot because of the lack of sleep but I loved it! I felt so good. Just another testimony builder of the temple. Pres. Eyring's dedicatory prayer was really good too. I remember him saying a lot about the families and how much the temple will bless them because after all the family is the central unit to the Plan of God. Loved it.
Now the topper to this weekend happened last night! We were having a great day, reached all of our goals, and were walking back to the pensh after a quick lesson with Brisa and her mom. And the power went out!!!!! I was thinking oh crap well that's not good, we should go to the main road. SO we did. We were walking (I was ahead of Elder Perez) and I hear him say elder! really faintly though. I turn around and there are two guys right behind him! I thought he was contacting them honestly....but then I turned on my flashlight that I had in my hand because the power went off earlier and they were robbing my comp! The guy had a gun to his head(we are almost 95 percent sure it was fake)! But once I did that with the flashlight the guy came at me and told me to give him my jacket. I said no why would I, and he started taking off my backpack, I tried to hold on but the guy was big....and fat. Me being skinny, didn't stand much of a chance, and the gun had some persuasion so I just let go after like 5 seconds. They ran off down the street RIGHT AS THE POWER CAME BACK ON! I was so mad. And there was a guy in his kiosc right there that did nothing. I was so mad! But yeah so the backpack just had my scriptures and some pamphlets in it. But i had my nice scripture covers (snakeskin) with them so I was just mad! They didn't even try to take the cell phone or my watch. But we went back this morning and I found my bible, just not my triple.....so I don't know I'm just mad at them. The thing is we had even contacted them earlier that day. Gosh I hate the delinquents here. Oh well what can you do?
Anyway besides all that the church is still true! I'm going to keep on going because I know it's those people that I'm here to help find salvation through the gospel. Love you all so much and hope you have a great week!
Love Elder Wells
QUESTIONS:Can you give me a little bit longer letterwith more detail these days? I'll try but no promises
Did I send you a copy of "Unleashing the Dormant Spirit?" Yeah you did. I don't have time to read it though we're going to Ramos again for the new elders that got here this transfer (Elder Perez)
How do you like my "mini sermons" in my letters? I do! haha love you momHow was the mini general conference with Pres. Eyring? Pretty awesome! I really liked it
On the blog, I thought I saw your head standing amongst other elders on the sidewalk next to the stake center? Were you there? Depends on which sidewalk, but I don't know honestly.
What inspiring words did you take away from that conference? I had them written down but they robbed me so I don't have them. They were in my triple.Did you see other missionaries like Landon that you knew? I saw Trent Harrison from grade school, and Alan Shurts from Brighton.What did you like best about the temple dedication? It was like being in the temple even though I was just in a normal chapelDid you go with me to the Draper Temple Dedication? Yeah I dont remember it though I was like 15 and didn't pay much attention I thinkAre you getting the hang of the telephone calls in your district any better? Yeah they still just take a while because I have to ask them how their day was and a bunch of stuff.Would you say you are getting better at forgetting about things at home? yeah the more I work the more I forget! It's weird but works really wellHow is your relationship with your companion? Just fantastic!What was your last plan to help Jose stop smoking and how did it go? We can never go over to his house now! his day off from work always changes so we haven't been able to go over.
No comments:
Post a Comment