Sunday, November 27, 2011

5th MTC Email - Nov. 18, 2011

Buenos Dias!
How was everyone's week? good i hope! I had a pretty good week actually :) The biggest thing that happened to me was this Sunday i got called as the (drum roll).........Zone Leader! yay! I was way nervous about it at first and didn't really want to have the extra responsibility, but now that i have been doing it for a week, its actually kind of nice. Kind of feels like student government where i have an actual purpose :) just kidding i am a missionary i know i have a purpose! but its interesting and keeps my mind off of other things that are going on so i am not as homesick and such. :) good responsibility in that way, but i also have to teach priesthood meeting on Sunday so that is not going to be fun. But oh well I'm out here to learn how to teach so at least I'm going to have lots of experiences doing it!
In other news....a ton of our elders from our Zone left this week and so we are down to just three districts at the moment. Super small and all of the friends i made are in the field now. But oh well that is going to happen a lot i guess. In Spanish news, it is getting easier for me to teach lessons to our fake investigators now. I do it without the aid of preach my gospel in Spanish now so that is a definite improvement. Still need to work on the verb conjugations though! then after that i think i will do OK.
I have really appreciated all of the support from my friends, and got a huge package of food from Camille Mendel last night! i was so happy and it reminded me of Trevor and Landon and all of my friends that are out in the field. She sent me these Belgian waffle caramel crisp things that we used to always eat at their house and that just sparked the trail of memories...it was great!
Thanks so much for the cookies that you have been sending me! i have too much food now ha-ha! its great but like a week stop....ha-ha :) Lets see...you want spiritual experiences? I don't know....our teacher Hermano V. is a way spiritual guy, and every time he gives us advice he draws the spirit in like no one else I've ever listened to. And he also says great prayers when he is acting as our fake investigator "Daniel". But nothing specific really comes to mind right now. I don't know what else to say about this week besides its just like every other week that i have had here and i just cant wait to get to Argentina! Hearing how discouraged that kid from Nephi was when he got there doesn't help much though. I just really want to work on the language more, because I'm not learning it for me, I'm learning it so i can invite others to come unto Christ :) Love you all a ton!
-Elder Wells



QUESTIONS FROM HOME:

Do you go out every Wednesday to welcome new elders? If so, how do you like it? no...being a zone leader though i get to welcome the new ones to my zone! did that last night and it was OK but my back hurt....ha-ha

Are you craving anything I can send you? no i just got banana bread, cheese whiz and crackers with some chips and salsa from Camille. i am set for now!

Did you share the chocolate cookies with your entire zone? How was it? yes! they were well received and everyone told me to tell you thanks and they love you!

Do they let you look on the BAW blog from sister Carter? no :( we don't have internet besides the lds.org and such

How is your testimony? esta bien! haha growing definitely

Do you like it if I send you quotes and stuff? yes....but i would rather hear about what everyone is doing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment