Our other baptism possibility is C*****, however she is still
working a bunch in Mercedez so we never see her. But she told us that
she will be done working around the 20th of Febrero. But hopefully she
stays strong until then. We also found a family this week that was
really interested when we talked to them about coming to church. We
called them to make sure they were coming but their phone was out of
credit. SO we will be going by tonight or tomorrow morning.
Lets see...interesting things that happened this week. I tried cow
tongue (maybe that's how you spell it, its easier in Spanish...lengua) it was kinda gross...but actually just tasted a
lot like regular cow meat. Another thing about Argentina is they have
tomatoes with every meal....and I hate tomatoes....so I always try to
politely refuse them....but they kinda force it upon me. One thing I
found works is if I say I'm allergic to them. I did that the other day
with the olives on the cheese pizza they made me....haha I hate olives
too and when I took them off the lady looked so offended so I just said I
was allergic and she didn't bother me anymore. Haha her face was way
funny when I did it though. I got my hair cut today and it was weird. He
did the whole thing without an electric shaver and even used like the
old fashioned straight razor to clean it up. It took like 50 minutes for
him to finish, but I look good so it's OK. :)
We were going to play soccer
today but other missionaries bailed out....I even got new shoes for 390 pesos to start playing because mine were too small. Oh the other thing going on this week was
that I have been waking up with back pains every night. At about 3:45 am,
and then I just can't get comfortable. I don't know why it is. I got some stretches to do every night from Hermana Cox, the Sister
that takes care of all the health issues in the mission. So hopefully
that will help because it hurts really bad, but just at night though.
Anyway, I gotta go but the church is true, being out here has helped
strengthen my testimony so much more than anything else that I have done
in my life. Especially being in what seems like a third world country too, making me
realize how good we have it in the states, so be grateful for the
blessings that the Lord has given you, remember to pray always, keep a
prayer in your heart all day thanking him for what you have. Love
everyone, and make sure you read the scriptures, they contain the
fullness of the gospel, and guidance for us in these latter days. I love
you all and hope to hear from you! Keep holdin' down the fort back in the
801. Con mucho amor,
Elder Wells.
QUESTIONS:
How are you doing with the cooking? do you have to take a turn? um....well we really like pasta...its easy to make.
what food items would you like? jello, ranch mix, etc all of that....plus peanut butter
Ava and Paige want to know just how many 3 legged dogs there are there and can you send a picture of them? um....not a whole lot....like 10 in the town I'm in. and no I cant carry my camera around, it will get stolen
Have you gotten any dear elder letters or communication from anyone? yeah I got one from elder Brad Walker's mom, it was great :)
Did you get affected by the power outage? nope....it goes out like once a day for like 5 minutes though
Is the work going any better, is your comp wanting to search more for investigators? yes we are doing a lot better in that aspect
How are your spirits and
attitude and ability to not give up? good....I have just been kinda sick
and not feeling good lately but I'm ok.
If we send you a sound file, do you think you could get it? most likely but they don't have speakers on the computers.
Farrel wants to know if the toilet flushes the opposite way down there? :)
haha yes it does...but our bathroom is still kinda broken...so i dont
like to go in there.
| We finally got some pictures!!!!Elder Leavitt shocked at Elder Wells! |
| Celebrating New Years, Elder Wells' hand on the left |
| New Years Eve in B.A. |
No comments:
Post a Comment