Wow, this week was kinda slow....I feel like it was a month ago
that I was last here at the computer. Oh well that's the life I'm living
:)
This past week was good though. We didn't have a ton of success but
it was good. We have a couple prospects for baptism, and the zone
leaders have really been pushing us to get two baptisms this month. I
really hope we can do it. We still have that little girl named D****,
she is 9 and is the daughter of a past member family. Her mom asked us
this past Sunday to go and give her the charlas(chats or lessons) this
week, and we have a noche de hogar set up for tomorrow night. It should
be good! Other than that we are just waiting for Carmen to come back
from her job in Mercedes on the 20th, and we are going to pass by this
weekend to get a fecha for the 25th with her (we hope). We will see how
that goes. The other cool thing about this week is that I got to go on a
split with one of our zone leaders (Elder Weiss). He is a great
missionary and super super perfectly obedient and does everything
according exactly to what Preach My Gospel or his leaders tell him. It
was weird to see how he is compared to. my companion. Anyway, Elder
Weiss and I found a
lot of great people that Elder Leavitt and I have been trying to pass by
this week. But
none of them have been home. Oh well, that's what this week is for I
guess.
So, for interesting things that happened this week. I had my first
surgery ever!! haha no mom its not as bad as you think....i had an
ingrown toenail. SO I went into the area offices today and got the part
that was troubling me cut off. SO it kinda hurts right now but I'm all
good to keep working :) I wasn't feeling down to watching them numb the
area
or cut off the toenail....but Elder Leavitt said it was pretty cool
looking. I'll send a picture of it next week. Another way funny thing
that happened this week was when Elder Weiss and I were talking to
this lady named N******, her daughter was bugging her so she just like
slapped her and shooed her away(that's normal here). Well apparently the
little girl didn't like being slapped so she came running out with a
pen in hand and
stabbed N****** in the square of her back! It was kinda funny,
but sad....and looked like it hurt. That little girl got a good spanking
too from what we heard.
OK mom I, don't think you will like this story too much....my first
sign of danger in the mission. This past Friday Elder Leavitt and I were
walking down the street to an appointment. This guy hails us down and
yells at us to come talk to him. So we went over to see what he wanted.
He
had a big Quilmes(the equivalent of budweiser here) bottle in his hand.
He started asking us who we are baptized for and in whose name. We told
him in Christ's name and that's why we are the church of Jesus Christ.
He
started spouting off random bible scriptures that made no sense because
he was drunk. He then started to walk away when we just didn't reply. He
went back to his friends and got really angry, enough to where he
smashed
the beer bottle against the wall and came at us with the sharp stub of
it in his hand. I remember thinking ´whoa is this guy serious, he
wouldn't really do anything though so I'm not really worried´. We backed
away and jumped over the gutter and just kinda ran/walked away as the
neighbor came out and started cussing him out. It was super sketchy, but
we are OK mom, don't worryI promise we're OK. So yeah then we walked
down the street and met Jesus who was holding a machete the whole time
he
was talking to us :) that makes you feel better now right? haha just
kidding but we really did meet an awesome guy named Jesús and he was
cutting his grass with the machete as we were talking to him. Haha I
kinda sketched out about that.
Ok so interesting thing about Argentina: they cut their grass with a
machete! I just said that but its still way weird. We actually
have a machete in our pensh...lol, I'm not sure why but its there and it
just sits in the asado pit. Oh well.
Oh I just thought of something else. We haven't had water like 3 of
the last 5 days....I don't know why....because there is a tank on the top
of the roof that has water and keeps it in there....but in the morning
its just gone! Its so frustrating to go to shower and not have
anything....we have to go down to the street and fill up buckets, then
boil the water and use a cup to pour it over us....so annoying. But oh
well, that's Argentina for you. The worst part about it though was that we didn't have water to
flush the toilet....and we ran out of TP and had to crumple up Liahona pages. Ugh.
Well sorry for that info! Love you all and hope home life isn't too
boring....don't envy me, I just get to do the work of the Lord and see
all
the awesome changes that come in to people's lives because of Christ
:) Oh and I went to our district leader's baptism of three little kids
Axel(11),
William(11), and Ezequiel (11). all kapo kids :) love them haha
they are awesome. Love you all and have a great week!
QUESTIONS:
How are you goals coming along? great! I have been a lot more obedient. I just need to wake up right on time but I'm always sooooooooooo tired....haha
What differences are you seeing in yourself? That I am more in tune
with the spirit and want to work harder. Its definitely a good thing,
just requires some strong. will
What kind of water do you drink? Have you had to use your filter?
No I haven't yet. Everyone says that its nasty but i drink it and am just
fine. It kinda tastes milky...but its good :)
Looks like your face is sunburned or splotchy from peeling? No im good. I have only burned once since i have been here
Are you using sunscreen regularly? haha I know you would like me to
say yes....but I haven't. I actually have gotten a lot more tan. But I have
bad tan lines from my white shirt :)
Are there no laundromats close by? nope. we have a member do our
wash now though and she has a machine to do it so they are super clean
(and we don't have to do it so that is awesome...I love her)
What do you know about the completion of the temple? Um....last I heard from a stake president that it should be done in September. but that is Argentine standard time so probably by like November. all I care is that I'll be here for it :)
What do you know about the completion of the temple? Um....last I heard from a stake president that it should be done in September. but that is Argentine standard time so probably by like November. all I care is that I'll be here for it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment