![]() |
| Waiting to see who gets transferred |
| Looks like a Sunburn on Elder Wells' face |
Welp....that was really quick. haha I just wrote last Wednesday and that was a quick 5 days. Oh well here goes nothin.
Ill start off with the missionary side of things. We are still
looking for people to teach. We have C*** still....but other than that
we are pretty much dry of investigators. C***** is still working in
Mercedes so we can't really talk to her all that much. The only other
hope for baptism we have right now is a little girl who is the daughter
of a member, but her grandmother always steals her for the weekend so she
can't go to church (she is a Catholic and against Mormons). So its
really hard to find her at home, but she came to church yesterday so
that was a great step! Other than that....we are looking. :) Personally I
think finding is the worst part of missionary work...but that is just
me. Oh well, we will find someone if we are diligent.
Last night Elder Leavitt and I had a really good talk about being
obedient. We have both been slacking a little bit in a few areas. So we
followed this talk we had in our mission binders called Purificandonos,
or Purifying Ourselves. Anyway, the talk says that when this guy was on
his mission they made a list of things they needed to improve on. Things
like getting up and doing workouts, studying, just being Meticulosamente
Obediente. So that's what we did and then we report to the Lord in our
daily prayers about how we did that day, and then ask for help. It's too
soon to tell how it is going right now, but we are still being obedient
so that's
good :)We're supposed to do it for 40 days though and add to the list as
we think of new things. I really am excited about it because I want to
be able to have the spirit and see all of the miracles that we will be
able to witness. Just need lots more faith :)
Ok so unique things about Argentina this past week. I saw a
Porsche.
Yes a Porsche in Argentina...I was with Elder Hart who has been here
for 2 years at the end of this transfer, he said it was the nicest car
he has seen yet in his mission. Go figure....that in Sandy at least is a
sort of common sight. Just as an example of the difference between here
and Utah :) Another thing that happened that I wasn't too happy about
is
that I got awakened by a marching band the other night. One of the big
soccer teams here named BOCA won a game....everybody celebrated by
getting their drums out and walking around the streets....I have never
disliked a group of people more than at 3 AM on Saturday night....and it
was super strange to see.
Another thing that happened is that our investigator C**** has a
dog named Canela (Cinnamon) and she was in heat....I didn't know and
picked
her up to pet her because I love dogs....well I got dog blood on my
shirt....Elder Leavitt had a pretty good laugh over that :) Also this
past week Elder Johnson and Ortiz had lunch at the apartment and had
chicken....one of them didn't finish it and it rotted....well last
Monday, Elder Leavitt went to clean it up and maggots fell out of the
bag onto
the floor....it was the grossest thing I have seen/smelled in a long
time....I definitely almost threw up. OK so last thing. Argentines have
a
different way of greeting. They call it the Argentine Beso (or kiss).
Whenever an Argentine greets another Argentine, they give them a kiss on
the cheek and a handshake or hug. It is the strangest thing. Argentines
do not really have a personal space bubble like Americans do. Anyway
that's all for this week. Hope you all are having
fun with your lives, and if you are reading this and haven't gone on a
mission(and still can)....you should definitely go. Because it is an
experience you will never have again in your life. Love you and have a
great week.
Elder Wells.
Why did Elder Johnson (the Canadian elder in the pench) have to leave? He just got transferred because president decided it was time.
Do you think Elder Leavitt will be your trainer until he goes home in April? No he will be for the rest of this transfer (5 more weeks) and then have a month working in the mission offices or something like that
And how is your Spanish now after your "gift of tongues" experience? Haha I can say what I want.. I just need to think it out in my head to make sure its right, but I have been doing a lot better just speaking straight out. Usually by the time I figure it out they are on another topic.
Who did you get to catch up with when you went back for transfers? Elder Kezerian from Brighton, and a lot of the elders/sisters that were in the MTC with me and/or came here on the plane with us.
I thought that was odd that Presidente had you both come back for comic relief, like maybe a waste of your precious time? Yeah Elder Leavitt is funny and definitely made it more enjoyable
Your laundry situation sounds grim. Tell me more? umm....we do it by hand...and don't have any dryer so we hang it on the clothes line
Can you get your suits and pants dry cleaned anywhere? yes but its expensive If there is anything else that you would like me to send, will you be sure and tell me? I got the package from aunt karen and it got here like a weekand a half ago. So the packages should be fine. Also, American candy here is super expensive, so I'd love skittles and whatever else you fine

No comments:
Post a Comment