Monday, February 27, 2012

STILL NO WATER....

And the drought continues.......
Today we got permission to come to the cyber late because we had to wait for the guy to come and fix the pump for the water....which he didn't.
Well we still don't have water....for just a little over 3 weeks now. It's getting super ridiculous. Someone was supposed to fix it today but this person said that and then that person said this and it didn't get done.....so they are saying in Spanish....SUFRA!!!!! Anyway, its super frustrating to worry about that and a billion other things at the same time so I may or may not have been a bit homesick this week. Just mostly for the luxuries that are in the states like running water and no maggots in your kitchen....yeah it was pretty disgusting, but luckily we had a super cleaning day today and its all clean....just no water!
In missionary news: I have really been working hard to be meticulosamente obediente as the mission president likes to say. My main problem is just doing all of my studies which I have realized is not good....because I really need to get more fluent at Spanish. But apparently I'm pretty good according to my companion. Hopefully I'll start seeing the progress from that soon. As for our investigator Claris, we gave up on her. She just wasn't progressing and didn't think she could stop smoking. It was hard because I love her, but really she just likes to have us over to talk, because we are Americans. It's hard but that's life! As for Diana, she is set to get baptized this Saturday because we still don't have our own chapel back. Her mom wants it to be done in our chapel so we have to wait. :( but she still will be baptized so that is OK.  Other than that we are still looking for new investigators. Carmen gets done with work on the 14th so E. Leavitt wont be here to baptize her. He was sad but at least she still wants to. Also this past week the traveling assistants and President Carter came to our zone. We had a meeting and learned a ton about studies and being obedient....they really dropped the cane on all of us (I think that's an Argentine phrase but can't remember, it means like chastise). It was a great meeting though. 
This week was kind of uneventful. But I did talk to a guy here that lived in Holladay for like 3 months and he knew pretty much where we live. He barely knew any English though, it was funny when he spoke it, and weirder to respond. The next thing is my unique Argentine thing for the week.... So after the meeting with president and the assistants, this member asked Elder Leavitt, me, my district leader, Elder Hart, and Elder Bracken to come give this member a blessing. Well she was a 3 month old baby. To make the baby stay quiet, the mom started breast feeding....during the blessing. Oh my gosh it was the weirdest blessing I have ever been in. I've learned  though  that in Argentina it's normal to do that, its completely normal! Apparently though Argentines think here that if the baby doesn't get fed right away it's going to die....so that's something I'll need to get used to.
I was happy to hear about all the people that went to St. George though and glad you had a lot of fun! Also miss you all a lot and kinda wish I could have been there, but hey duty calls. Give everyone a hug for me and know I'm thinking about you all and praying for you all to have happiness every day. Love you all and remember to cling to the Lord at all times.

Con besos, Elder Wells

P.S. Please tell Taryn that writing her brother one sentence a week is much more important than even one other text she sends to Clark or Whitney :)  AND... mom sorry, I am trying to download pictures but its not cooperating....it just won't find the memory card no matter where I try to insert it....sorry I'm really trying, I promise!  If we go to our normal cyber next week I'll be able to send them and it should be ok.


QUESTIONS FROM HOME:

When you went out on divisions with Elder Bracken, was it easier to speak the language than the first time you went out together? no the first time was way easier for some reason....i kinda choked the second time.
Who was smoking weed while you were feeling the Spirit with Diana? no idea...just from outside somewhere.
Do you pretty much feel like you're in the GHETTO? with no water....absolutely.
Are you starting to love the people more than you thought you would? Yes! everyone that is not involved in trying to fix our water I love wholeheartedly.
Do you still get fed by the ward members and if so, how often? yep pretty much every day of the week except one or two. I usually only eat that meal and breakfast because if I eat dinner its at 9:30.

Do you think you'll get transferred in 3 weeks or will stay there in R.C.? I will most likely stay here. They rarely ever transfer out both elders at once. That way at least one elder kind of knows whats going on
I read where Elder Hillman is with 3 Latinos in his pensh and is learning much better Spanish.  Do you think you'd like that? I want that. I feel like I haven't been improving in my language skills that much. At first I would have said no.

Is Elder Leavitt still sick?  We are both still kind of sick, I have had a bad cold for the past week :(

How are your
Meticulosamente Obediente goals coming along? A lot better. I am doing a lot more studies and getting up right at 6:30 instead of 6:45. 15 minutes isn't that much sleep anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment