![]() |
| at Zone Conference with BHS buddy, Elder D. Kezarian |
![]() |
| Gonzales Catan Zone |
| A Happy Day |
| The Districts' Baptisms |
Welp, we got our water back so you can all calm down I'm fine I promise!:)
We even got enough water to finally fill the baptismal font!
Seriously the baptism of D**** was pretty awesome! It really is crazy how much love you can have for someone you have known for so little time. She is such an awesome little girl and her birthday is this Wednesday so we get to go to her birthday party this Saturday :)Should be fun. But the
baptism was at our district leader's chapel because we don't have our
own chapel yet. He was already having four other baptisms there so it
was perfect to just slip her name on the list as well. Unfortunately I
didn't get to baptize her because she wanted Elder Leavitt to do it,
and I was OK with that because it will be his last baptism of the
mission. I did get to confirm her in Sacrament meeting yesterday and whoa was that nerve-wracking. But I didn't do too badly and didn't mess up on any words.
it was just a bit shorter than most blessings. But she got the
Holy Ghost! So that's all that matters there :) Awesome
weekend though overall.
For this week I have a lot of stories that have happened. Some
funny....actually most are funny. :) Here goes. So I tried this
thing called sopa paraguayo. Its a soup from Paraguay that isn't really
soup. Its like a cheese bread that's really heavy. But really good
after the first piece. If you get the chance, try it! Also same
day we went to the Bishops' Storehouse on the train to help the Relief
Society president bring some things to sister in the ward. On the way
back this crazy evangelist preacher guy comes up to us because he
knows we're Mormon, and starts yelling profanities at us! It was
so unexpected. but we just listened to him read random scriptures from
the bible and then he walked off, hopped down onto the train tracks and
walked off into the field.....It was so weird but kind of
hilarious. I don't know where he was going because there was nothing
but a field....so I don't know. haha
OK so in church yesterday there was an Hermano C**** reading a
scripture in gospel doctrine class. He got to this one verse
where it talks about the great whore of a church that is so
abominable...well when he got to the word whore, he said ¨romera¨
which means shirt instead of ramera which is what the scripture really
says. Haha so he said the great shirt of a church....and everyone just
busted up laughing for like ten minutes....haha it was pretty funny and
the hermano got all embarrassed and went red. He's like 75 so it was
funny, but I felt kinda sorry for him.
So the other day we went to Laferrere to help a sister get married.
Well the groom didn't show up...so she just all of a sudden started
sprinting down the street towards his house. I didn't know what the
heck was going on but Elder Leavitt and my district leader Elder Hart
sprinted after her....haha immediately in my head i thought of the
runaway bride....but I never thought I would think of it in that way.
Anyway after they got back we got to go to Mcdonalds! It was like
going into the American embassy here in Argentina...I felt like I was
in the states again. :) It was a very weird feeling.
This next story needs a bit of a back story.... There are two soccer
teams....soccer is huge here! I mean like out of every 10 people you
see on the street, 6 of them are wearing a soccer jersey of some sort.
The two big teams here are BOCA and River. And people are super
prideful of their teams. OK so now, that same day we were walking down
the street. An old man stopped me by saying ¨hey you kid, get over
here now.¨ That's normal though because Argentinians are pretty forward.
So I walked over to him and he looked me up and down and said, ¨Now, if
you want to have success out here, you gotta change that tie!¨ I
was super confused because I was just wearing like an orange and white
striped tie. He then said that you have to wear a BOCA tie or no one
will listen to you!" haha I laughed so hard because Argentinians are so
proud of their soccer teams till they die. I was giggling for the
next ten minutes. Also that same day we were talking to a member and
behind us these two guys were just snorting cocaine....just super
surprising that they would do that out in the middle of the street in
broad daylight. So much different from the states. But anyway that's
it! I love you all so much and love hearing from you. Those that have
written me I have written letters back and am sending them home with
my district leader so they will get there faster than through mail.
love you all and thanks for your support. Stay active in the church!
I have seen so many people that are so amazing go inactive for
dumb reasons...just remember that people aren't perfect, but the gospel
is. Love you all and have a great week!
Love, Elder Wells
Seriously the baptism of D**** was pretty awesome! It really is crazy how much love you can have for someone you have known for so little time. She is such an awesome little girl and her birthday is this Wednesday so we get to go to her birthday party this Saturday :)Should be fun. But the
baptism was at our district leader's chapel because we don't have our
own chapel yet. He was already having four other baptisms there so it
was perfect to just slip her name on the list as well. Unfortunately I
didn't get to baptize her because she wanted Elder Leavitt to do it,
and I was OK with that because it will be his last baptism of the
mission. I did get to confirm her in Sacrament meeting yesterday and whoa was that nerve-wracking. But I didn't do too badly and didn't mess up on any words.
it was just a bit shorter than most blessings. But she got the
Holy Ghost! So that's all that matters there :) Awesome
weekend though overall.
For this week I have a lot of stories that have happened. Some
funny....actually most are funny. :) Here goes. So I tried this
thing called sopa paraguayo. Its a soup from Paraguay that isn't really
soup. Its like a cheese bread that's really heavy. But really good
after the first piece. If you get the chance, try it! Also same
day we went to the Bishops' Storehouse on the train to help the Relief
Society president bring some things to sister in the ward. On the way
back this crazy evangelist preacher guy comes up to us because he
knows we're Mormon, and starts yelling profanities at us! It was
so unexpected. but we just listened to him read random scriptures from
the bible and then he walked off, hopped down onto the train tracks and
walked off into the field.....It was so weird but kind of
hilarious. I don't know where he was going because there was nothing
but a field....so I don't know. haha
OK so in church yesterday there was an Hermano C**** reading a
scripture in gospel doctrine class. He got to this one verse
where it talks about the great whore of a church that is so
abominable...well when he got to the word whore, he said ¨romera¨
which means shirt instead of ramera which is what the scripture really
says. Haha so he said the great shirt of a church....and everyone just
busted up laughing for like ten minutes....haha it was pretty funny and
the hermano got all embarrassed and went red. He's like 75 so it was
funny, but I felt kinda sorry for him.
So the other day we went to Laferrere to help a sister get married.
Well the groom didn't show up...so she just all of a sudden started
sprinting down the street towards his house. I didn't know what the
heck was going on but Elder Leavitt and my district leader Elder Hart
sprinted after her....haha immediately in my head i thought of the
runaway bride....but I never thought I would think of it in that way.
Anyway after they got back we got to go to Mcdonalds! It was like
going into the American embassy here in Argentina...I felt like I was
in the states again. :) It was a very weird feeling.
This next story needs a bit of a back story.... There are two soccer
teams....soccer is huge here! I mean like out of every 10 people you
see on the street, 6 of them are wearing a soccer jersey of some sort.
The two big teams here are BOCA and River. And people are super
prideful of their teams. OK so now, that same day we were walking down
the street. An old man stopped me by saying ¨hey you kid, get over
here now.¨ That's normal though because Argentinians are pretty forward.
So I walked over to him and he looked me up and down and said, ¨Now, if
you want to have success out here, you gotta change that tie!¨ I
was super confused because I was just wearing like an orange and white
striped tie. He then said that you have to wear a BOCA tie or no one
will listen to you!" haha I laughed so hard because Argentinians are so
proud of their soccer teams till they die. I was giggling for the
next ten minutes. Also that same day we were talking to a member and
behind us these two guys were just snorting cocaine....just super
surprising that they would do that out in the middle of the street in
broad daylight. So much different from the states. But anyway that's
it! I love you all so much and love hearing from you. Those that have
written me I have written letters back and am sending them home with
my district leader so they will get there faster than through mail.
love you all and thanks for your support. Stay active in the church!
I have seen so many people that are so amazing go inactive for
dumb reasons...just remember that people aren't perfect, but the gospel
is. Love you all and have a great week!
Love, Elder Wells
Here are some very random pictures.....
| This shovel scooped the first bit of dirt for the new Cordoba Temple |
| After the Ingrown Toenail Surgery, yuk! |
| Finally cleaning the kitchen with WATER |
| A bit of goofing off? |
| Happy? |
| Elder L. in kitchen |
| Cockroach Alley |
| Whose Bed is Whose? |
| Hmmm.... |


No comments:
Post a Comment