Monday, April 16, 2012

Back to the Pensh

No Power after the Tornado


The view from the 12th floor in Villa Tesei after being evacuated

Um

Elder Howell

Elder Hillman
Welp this was an interesting week. We are finally back in our area though, and as much as I want a new area I still missed being in our own. We got sent to an area in the zone of Oeste called VIlla Tesei. I liked that area but it was just weird not having plans and pretty uneventful just walking around doing contacts all day, I have to admit. But we got back to Castillo Thursday. The only condition being that we have to be in our pension at 7 instead of at 9. So it has been kind of hard to get back into the swing of things. But its going well. Weird to think that after this week this transfer is over, and I could be getting a new area and a new comp. It's actually very likely because we have 30 new missionaries that need to be trained and Elder Gomez just got done training someone before we got together. So he could be asked to do it again very easily. That means I would be going somewhere else. Which I won't lie, I wouldn't mind. I think that is mainly because of the pension. With a few good companionships and a few hard working transfers this area would really not be that bad. It will just take a while to get it there.
As far as investigators go we had a really good lesson with Carmen to help her stop smoking. She relapsed after not having smoked for three months. She is doing really well and came to church yesterday and didn't smoke at all Saturday. We are going to be calling her every day to make sure and will be passing by a bunch to help her out. Really hope it helps her. Other than her, we haven't been able to pass by our other investigators at all. We just got back Thursday and they were never around. SO its kind of sad right now in that aspect, but will hopefully improve.
Today for p-day we went to Moron to find me a SUBE card. I finally got it!!!! It's basically a card you put money on so that you don't have to use change for the buses and trains. I DON'T HAVE TO HOARD MY CHANGE ANYMORE!!!! haha it was such a relief to get. But yeah that was a really big highlight today. :) Other than that though not much else is going on. I am getting ready for a new comp though. Because there are supposed to be a lot of changes this coming transfer if the new missionaries get their visas.  I am finally getting to the point where I love talking to people and finding out about them. Some people have really interesting stories when you get to talking with them. :)
Anyway the church is true, read your scriptures. If you live close to a temple go as much as you can! I especially miss being able to go once a week. The spirit and the experiences you will have in the temple are only found and only happen there. Love you all and hope you have a fun filled week! :)
Love, Elder Wells
Gonzales Catan Zone/What Ry's surroundings look like

"Thumbs up" for this sign!



Questions: 

Now that your area isn't as safe, what do you think the mail service will be like? Absolutely fine. It doesn't go to our area. It gets sent to the offices in downtown BA, then we have a runner that brings it to the mission offices once a day, we have to go pick it up there. so it doesn't go anywhere else but to BA downtown
Did you meet any elders while being evacuated that you really like? Yeah Elder Dayhuff who goes home at the end of this transfer, Elder Morales, Elder Vilches, and Elder Pulsipher. they are all way chill and loved to get to know them
If you have gone back to your apartment, was your stuff untouched? yeah it was fine. I don't think there was that much danger. at least not as much as they made it out to be
And if the above is true, what is the morale like in your area? fine. they really didn't notice it, and all the lights and water are back so it's no biggie anymore
How are you feeling emotionally after the ordeal you've been through? fine! I was a bit worried last Saturday but now that I know what's actually going on it's not a big deal at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment