Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On the Way to Transfers with the Bags Packed







Welp this week and a half has dragged on a bitand the time has
really blurred together. We have transfer meeting today and guess what???
I'm........staying in Castillo! Nah just kidding....I'm leaving. I have no idea
where I'm going but I'm going. All my stuff is packed up and I have to take
it with me to the offices. Which usually means that you are going out to
campo, or the countryside. But it's not very likely. I will just have to let
you know next week I guess. Anyway, I will try to talk about my week, but I
forgot my old agenda where I made the notes about everything interesting
that happens.
This past Saturday the stake/zone of Catan had a super baptism!!!! There
were 7 baptisms there. They originally wanted everyone to have someone to
baptize but that didn't work out. (there are 11 areas in our zone) It was a
pretty awesome experience though and the most people I have seen at a
baptism yet. That was cool. We unfortunately did not have a person to
baptize, as Carmen is the only one that could be, but she still is smoking
about a cigarette every other day. It will be sad to leave here and miss
her baptism but apparently I'm needed somewhere else, so I wont get to see
it.
As for interesting things that have happened. We had ward conference in our
chapel here in Castillo! I don't know if I told you this but we have had to
go to the chapel in Los Pinos for the whole time I've been here, but they
finally reopened our chapel! It was a great experience and it looks really
good inside. Anyway the stake presidency member, Pres. Civic told us some
interesting news. He said that they know the date that the temple will be
open! But they can't tell it to us, ha ha, he did tell us the month that it
will open for the open house. August. It will be operational in September!
It's crazy how much I miss going to the temple, now I only have to wait like
5 more months to go! I was pretty excited about that but no one else
was. Oh well. Other than that I got kind of sick this last week. I had the
flu, or food poisoning, one of the two. I think it was the half baked
noodles and rice that a sister gave us for lunch....but that's just me. My
symptoms were that I had super bad diarrhea,  And I threw up once and
just got way light headed. It was the worst. But I'm all better now so I'm
happy again! :) It definitely made me miss you mom, I didn't have anyone to
take care of me. Haha
As for me and how I'm feeling about my mission. It's 1/4 over already. That
went by way quick. But at the same time I don't want it to go fast. I am to
the point where I'm starting to love talking to people and getting to know them
for who they are. Also it helps that I can actually talk to them now. But I
am excited to get a new area so that I can start over and gain the
confidence of the members right from the start. I kind of am taking it as a
challenge to see how well I can do it. But yeah, I  don't really have anything
else to talk about. I hope that home life is good. To me it seems like
everything at home is just at a standstill. Not much has changed. But there
is new stuff going on here every week and i love it. :) Mostly because I
love the gospel and the change it has had in my life and in others. There
are some awesome people here thanks to the church. Others are awesome too
but yeah...you know what I mean. A challenge I have for you all is to share
the gospel, or try with at least one person. I feel like often we are too
comfortable to want to share it. But there are a lot of people(even in
Utah) that still need the gospel. Love you all a ton and will write to you
next week!
Con todo amor, Elder Wells

QUESTIONS FROM MOM:
Any more wild weather? No but its getting way cold here!I think I was too
used to the hot so it seems worse now.
Have you had many cold sores while there? none.
How about migraines? one when we had our baptism....but it wasn't that bad
Have you worn your boots yet? yes i am starting to use them a lot more off
and on with my regular black shoes
Do you have cell phones so your zone leaders can contact you? yeah we do.
What are the names of your zone leaders? Right now Elder Foster and Elder
Escobar.  They're great.  I'll miss them.
How many investigators have you got now? not many....pretty much the same
ones
Do you want me to send you another long sleeved shirt for the winter?
maybe one. I only have four.
Have you purchased any clothing while there? no just those shoes for soccer
Last week, when you sent me the pictures, were the ones with you and
Elders Johnson and Hillman from the evacuation in the 12 story building, or
were they from a prior zone conference? that was at transfers. they came
to our apartment to get elder HOWELL´s stuff. I think I said it was Johnson
but that was Elder Howell.
Were you sleeping on the floor or in a bunk in that building? in the big
building there were mattresses on the floor
Did that apartment you stayed in belong to other elders or was it just
random? yes  4 elders live there
Are you disappointed in all of us because you've hardly gotten any
"tangible" mail from anyone? nah it's no big deal don't worry about it.
What else can I be doing for you? nothing you are fantastic! just remember the purple big bag of skittles if you can find it for the package! love you momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment