Comments from mom in blue - We had a great Skyping session for my Mother's day gift...Ryan acted like he hadn't seen himself in a mirror for a very long time, so he really kept checking his teeth, his smile, and his profile while on the screen. He commented that it was weird to see the kitchen in the background. He saw pictures of his MTC district taped to the cupboard door, and saw his friend Trevor's picture in Italy with his companion. Ry said that's what he thought Argentina would look like, with lots of tourist sights to visit. Not quite the same...so far for him. He looked great, really short hair due to a companion's claim he really could cut hair...pretty skinny, he said he knows he's lost weight, which concerns us because he really had no weight to lose! We met his companion from Chile who seems to keep him entertained.
Well yesterday was great! I got to Skype with my family for a while and loved it. (Sorry I was pulling a bunch of funny faces the whole time. I couldn't help it.) But it was a great opportunity to relax and feel like I was at home for a bit. But back to the daily grind now. :)
Well yesterday was great! I got to Skype with my family for a while and loved it. (Sorry I was pulling a bunch of funny faces the whole time. I couldn't help it.) But it was a great opportunity to relax and feel like I was at home for a bit. But back to the daily grind now. :)
This past week was really long and I don't really remember any very
noteworthy things that happened. So sorry if this letter is really
short. But we did have zone conference in Ramos Mejia. That was really
good and I learned a lot about how to rely on the spirit to help us
with....well everything! President Carter talked a lot about our purpose
as missionaries and how the ultimate ultimate goal is to bring people
to the waters of baptism, and later the temple. He also taught us about
the How and the Why we do what we do. I took like 3 pages of notes so I
definitely liked it. We also talked about this new study plan we are
doing as a mission. Really its the same stuff they teach in the MTC, but
about half of the mission wasn't in the MTC when they had this new
study program. So we are restarting to all be on the same page. We
should be finishing it in July or August I think. I cant remember
exactly. So yeah zone conference was good.
I also had my Bi-transfer interview with president Carter. He
basically told me I will be senior companion next transfer. Haha so he
said my job now is to learn all that I can to be able to stick it as
senior comp. I think there is a good chance that I could be training a
new missionary, that is if they get their visas by the end of the
transfer. I'm kind of nervous about it but I think getting thrown into
the fire will help me in every way. It will be hard for sure. But I know
it will help me with my language, teaching, and obedience. I think
being able to have the upper hand in the companionship will be able to
make it so my comp follows my example. When I have tried to be the
example for my other comps it hasn't really changed them because they
are already pretty set in their ways. So I think I will have more
influence on my junior comp is was I'm saying I guess.
Anyway, I have gotten lectured enough by now (by Pres. Carter, and
by my mom as well) to be obedient that I have a goal to be 100%
obedient. Even to the new rule that we can't drink water out of the tap.
It will be hard because we don't have much money to buy bottled water,
but I'm going to do my best. I don't want to have to think about the
tiny little things I did disobediently and feel guilty. I also don't
want to be kept from receiving all of the blessings the Lord has for me
and for our area. I'll let you all know how that goes. Love you all,
truly I do. I can't wait to see you all in about a year and a half, but I
do know that I'm where I should be, doing what I should be doing. I
want you all to remember that we need to follow Christ in everything. I
have been studying 3 Nephi this week and it is amazing how many times
the Lord says that if we just follow his example and direct our life
towards him, we will receive eternal life. Love you all so much and have
a great week!
QUESTIONS FROM MOM:
Was it you that called 3 of us on our cell phones last night? YES!!! I had a few
extra minutes but no one answered! (I couldn't remember Jenna or
Courtney's cell numbers.) UGH!
Instead
of giving you a lecture, will you tell me WHY you chose to call
Montgomerys? Because I wanted to talk to SOMEONE, because you all didn't
answer I decided to call my second family and see how they were doing
because I haven't heard from them. And its a good thing I did because
they didn't get to hear from Derek. I'm glad I called them
Did you call anyone else? No. I almost called grandma and grandpa but remembered they were in Nephi.
Did
your Skyping us and making other phone calls make it easier or harder
on you homesick-wise? Harder. But I'll get over it. Not too much going
on at home anyway so there isn't a ton to miss. (This is what we keep telling him)
Do
you have a testimony of obedience in the mission yet? Kind of. I
haven't really seen the difference that much between being obedient and
not....so yeah. (He WILL see the difference soon)
Do you really only have one mirror? Yeah
How
was Elder Guzman's Skype experience? He only got to do it for like 10
minutes because the mom of the member who's house we were at kicked us
out. She was pretty rude about it. (she's not a member)
Should I send him anything besides Reese's PB cups? Not that I can think of.
No comments:
Post a Comment