Monday, May 28, 2012

Finally...we get an Email

Well this has been a normal week. It wasn't all that exciting or all that boring, which is good!
I'll start by talking about the zoo. It was pretty much the same as the last time but this time I fed the camel with my mouth! I'm not sure if I told you guys last time I rode a camel. But it was pretty sweet if I do say so myself. As for other things there....we saw a monkey doing something against the law of chastity. That was pretty unexpected and funny. We saw a chimpanzee also and it is so weird how humanlike they are. It kind of scared me. But it was a normal trip to the zoo....apparently petting tigers and lions and stuff is normal to me now.
Anyway as for the missionary work we are doing ok. We really have no investigators that are progressing. We have Rodrigo and Dania who are going to Bolivia this month to get married. When they come back they are going to get baptized. We had a super awesome lesson on faith with them where Rodrigo shared his experience with prayer to receive an answer. Gosh I love him, he is like a member already. As for Dania she will get baptized but I don't think her testimony is as strong as Rodrigo´s. We're going to have to see what happens with her. We also found a family of 4 this past week by knocking doors and we had a lesson with them Saturday. They are really receptive (even the dad which is unusual) . The only problem is that they are in a different town Sundays during church. So yeah. We'll try to figure out something there. Also we found a family of 7 people who i think is really awesome, we tried to write their direction down and they gave us, Street 7, with a red door. They didn't know anything else. We tried to find their house and there are like 20 red doors on that street. So we are going to knock them all this week to try to find them, haha.  They had already talked to the missionaries in Bolivia so they are already accustomed to us. We will see what happens there. 
Another thing that happened this week was that we went to wake up a recent convert family last Sunday morning. We found them drinking with their neighbors. Gosh I was so depressed and sad that they did that and then they tried to avoid us because they knew it was bad. But we had a lesson with them on repentance and it was the most awesome lesson I have had yet here. They were all crying and saying how much they wished they hadn't done that, and the Spirit was super strong. We helped them out with some doubts about coming to church too. I love them all so much!!!  But a weird thing happened. The parents went to talk to the bishop yesterday and the bishop gave the dad a recommend to get the melchezidek priesthood. I dont know about all of you but that's the easiest repentance i have ever heard of. He got rewarded with a higher priesthood. Anyway it's not my call though so I will let the bishop be the judge of that. I just thought it was weird. 
As for interesting things that happened this week. The 25th of May is the independence day here. We saw a marching band and they raised an Argentine flag in a town square thing. But the thing is that they raised the flag upside down! I thought that was a disrespect but whatever. Maybe there is something I dont know. We then went to the chapel and the members all were there. They made a dish that is only made on Independence day here called....oh shoot I forgot what it's called....haha well it wasn't my favorite, let's just say that. It's a soup with chunks of fat, and pig meat and big corn and something else...but it wasnt my favorite. Um....I really can't think of anything interesting that happened other than that. But this is already a long email so your all lucky! haha just kidding. Love you all and hope you all are loving life! I know this work is true and that through our Savior Jesus Christ, our once perfect white garments can be made completely clean. I studied my patriarchal blessing the other day based on what Taylor Millet said in his email a while ago, and separated the blessings that are promised there, and how many things I have to do to attain them all.  I separated a piece of paper down the middle and wrote the blessings on one side and the requirements on the other. It is interesting to me how the blessings easily filled 2 and a half or so pages while the means to attain them barely filled one side of one page....how blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives. Also if you have not received your patriarchal blessing yet, I suggest you do. It is such a blessing to have a guide to your life.  Love you all so much and have a great week!

Elder Wells

Questions:

When are the next transfers? This coming week. The 6th of June to be exact. 
Are you able to get out of bed on time now? Yeah its pretty easy. I just have to make sure to do exercizes or else i am still just dead tired. 
How are you doing with the Bolivian accent now? Better but they talk really quiet and dont know how to pronounce R´s. they do Z´s instead. Haha it makes me smile.
Did you attend the Stake Conference that was mentioned in Sis Carter's blog? No the Aldo Bonzi stake conference is this coming weekend. 
If not, what Stake are you in? Aldo Bonzi
Can you elaborate more on the new training program you mentioned last week? Its the same thing we did in the MTC. It focuses on teaching investigators, not just teaching lessons, and how to help the investigators recieve revelation and a confirmation that the church is true.
What's causing you to lose weight? Nothing. i just dont eat dinner usually. Because we dont get a chance to until like 9 at night. and i have only lost like 3 pounds so its nothing to worry about.
How are you and Elder Guzman getting along now? Fine. After a while you start to find things you don't like but I have learned to ignore them by now and just not create contention. 
Remind me again, do you still like it when I send you your friends' blogs via dear elder? yeah its a good thing to have something to read every once in a while.
Any great plans for p-day today? Playing soccer in the stakecenter with the whole zone and making tacos.
Do you love playing Soccer there? yeah it's pretty fun. They don't have full size fields though so it's harder to play for me. I like to have more room
Are you happy with the weather now? no.- the sun hasn't come out in 2 weeks!!!! I never thought that could happen!!!
Is that enough songs we loaded for you? yeah that's sufficient. I got like 500 from Elder Guzman today too.
How are your language skills? not too happy with th I'm em right now. There were like three our four people this week that told me they couldn't understand me, so I'm trying to work on my accent. I just need to talk more.  I went on divisions with Elder Bagley and I talked a lot. I think it's cuz Elder Guzman talks a lot so I know I can just sit there and say nothing. 
How many investigators now? not a whole lot but probably like 5 semi-solid ones.
Any more baptism dates? not as of right now.
Do you habitually spread sunscreened lip balm on your lips to prevent cold sores?  just when theyre dry. Right now there is no sun so I haven't worried about it
Did I tell you there were some great pics of you during zone conference on the blog? yeah you did. probably the ones that hermana Carter took of us outside?
How long does it take to write Presidente a letter? like 30 minutes usually
Do you get to go into downtown BA much? nope only when I have to do something for my visa here or if we have some sort of illness.
Are you at the point yet where you love the people more than you see the poverty? yeah I have started to love them more and not notice it as much. but it's pretty eyecatching so at times its hard not to.
How is the Wells/Guzman relationship coming along? we're doing good. just trying to finish strong with this last week of the transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment