Well this past week was a lot harder but more rewarding than a lot of the other weeks i have had here in Argentina. I'm not sure if I wrote that last week that they changed the way we are working here....a lot. It was hard to adjust but I love it. I feel more tired and satisfied at the end of the day, and feel like I'm finally teaching, working, and testifying like I always imagined I would as a kid. It's a lot different than just working for numbers like it was when I got here. I can truly testify that President Carter is inspired and called of God to lead us here in the mission. Loving it.
Anyway, I will start with the missionary work side of things. I am feeling a lot more comfortable teaching finally. Elder Saldaña is my first comp that has given me a lot of opportunities to teach. It's really helped out my teaching and my language skills. So that is one good thing about him....still doesn't talk hardly at all though. We found a little girl who is the daughter of an inactive member. I was super excited because the first thing she told us is that she wants to get baptized! I was super excited! We set a date for my birthday on the 30th! I thought that was going to be the best birthday present ever.....but she didn't come to church. And in order to get baptized she has to have attended church 3 times. She already has come once, but now we have to move the baptism back to the Mary. She came to an activity on Saturday in the church and Elder Saldaña taught her a lesson with a member there (I was teaching another kid), and she started crying in the prayer. Elder Saldana said he is 99 percent sure she received a confirmation that this is the true church. I am super excited to pass by her to see what we can do to help her get baptized. Overall we are seeing a lot of success lately and I attribute it to the fact that we are being super obedient, these new ways of working, and also this study program we have going on. Anyway...life is good as TJ always loved to say. :)
As for other news.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!!!!!!! And also HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!!!!! Oh and this week HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVIS!!!!!! haha I hope you three can feel my love through my capital lettering of your well wishes :) I really miss you all and hope you spent the weekend having a good time. Davis´ mustache party sounded pretty legit. And I am glad you got to go to Court's and watch the basketball game dad :) haha miss the family a ton.
As for things that happened this past week....this past Saturday Elder Bagley, my old district leader, came to baptize a girl in the ward we share the chapel with. He came with his parents too because he ends the mission like tomorrow I think. But I got so nervous to talk to someone in English....haha when his dad introduced himself I may or may not have responded in Spanish on accident. It was rather funny though. Also I translated for people that wanted to talk to them and it was so weird and kinda hard to switch the words around in my head before I said them. Haha I don't know if liked it or not. But it was a cool experience. Other than that not much else happened that is noteworthy....kinda boring in that aspect.
Anyway love you all so much! miss you and hope you all are happy with whatever you are doing in your life. Make sure to enjoy the little things that we take for granted! Especially your family! They are the greatest blessings anyone could ever have in their life :) love you all! Have a great week!
Con bastante amor, Elder Ryan Bradley Wells
Questions:#1 How is your relationship with your companion coming along? Better....he still is super quiet but better.Are you in the same apartment? yep. same old same old. But at least I have water here :)Are you in a ward or a branch? Ward.Is the entire zone of Aldo Bonzi made up of immigrants? No not at all. Just the places that have poorer parts.Would you be willing to buy a sweater there with your debit card? Yeah if I can find one I'll just buy it here. No use wasting money on shippingHow is your dog bite healing? It's gone alreadyHave you visited again with the crazy guy who yelled at his wife? No thank goodness....he is psycho and unstable....
No comments:
Post a Comment