Well wow I really am sad I missed the wedding! but I know I'm in the right place so don't worry I'm not terribly trunky :) And I'm not too sad that I had to miss all of the preparations and such. That is really so stressful so I'm happy for all my family that it's over! And of course as always my little sister Taryn just looked beautiful! Miss you all tons! And another shout out to Tyler for helping me to have some presence at the wedding :) haha I look pretty good in a suit....although my head was a little bloated that day. haha oh well.
Anyway this was a pretty good week overall! Quick overview....divisions with Elder Oleson, baptism, 2 zone conferences, and finding out the day the world is going to end/the second coming: Supported by the bible. Haha I will explain all very briefly now. I'm not really in the mood for typing a letter today so sorry if its short. Still love you all the same though.
Ok so this Tuesday we had our first zone conference of the week. The zone leaders had a meeting with president and supposedly are supposed to communicate all that is said to the zone the week after. So we just got a bunch of facts thrown at us, but then had a really cool scripture sharing experience where we could share what we thought was the best scripture to explain the "Doctrine of Christ". I chose moroni 7:48 because it is my favorite scripture, and also because it really explains how I feel about this life, and what following the doctrine of Christ will help us to become. Anyway it was a good experience and helped me find a lot of great scriptures!
Then Wednesday we had divisions with Moreno 1, I went with Elder Oleson from my MTC district. It was way fun! haha its so cool to just talk to someone that you have known forever it seems like. We had a fun day, but couldn't find anyone that would let us in. Also I did my first baptismal interview! It was really easy though because the kid is 9 and knows everything. So it was just a piece of cake. Anyway it was a good day as well.
Friday we had another zone conference, but this time President Carter and the assistents came. It was really good and I learned a lot! We are now able to make better relationships with our investigators right off the bat. SO that was good And we also were taught by president what we need to do, and how we can measure our success as a missionary. Really it comes down to how well we are able to develop and implement the Christlike attributes in our lives, and with our investigators. I loved that. Because one of the things I have been studying is the Christlike attributes in the morning from Preach My Gospel. It was awesome to see that I'm doing the right thing. Also at the end of the conference I got the other package you sent and a letter or two :) Always a good day when you get some letters/stuff from home!
OK and then Saturday we had the baptism of Steven! (Mom you thought in your letter that he and Flavia are married. I don't know if I said that at one point, but they aren't married....I think they have met once if I remember right. Just to clear that up). It was a really awesome experience, a hermano named Gabrielle Garrido baptized him and that was good to have them build a bit of friendship through that experience. The only problem is the hot water heater didnt work for the font again! SO we had to fill up half the font with water from the kitchen again....it was super boring just waiting for the buckets to fill up, but worth it in the end. Then after we played a bit of soccer with the ward so that was fun.
Last weird/interesting thing that happened. We had church yesterday and then after we went to the bishops house to eat lunch with him and his wife. We had a good meal, nice chatter or conversation I guess. And then at the end he says, "Oh elders! I had some personal revelation the other day. Let me go get my bible from the car and I'll explain." His wife then rolls her eyes and groans a bit. Kind of reminded me of dad when he thinks what someone says is stupid :) haha. But he comes back in and has us open up to Genesis. We read the geneology of Adam and added up all of the years to when Christ came, then from then till now. We were at like 5995 years of existence of man. Anyway then he explained how one year was lost due to the calendars and how they were made wrong, and so were at 5996. Then another thing I can't remember puts us at the year 5999 this year. So he has some other calculation that puts the years should really start the 22nd of december. So now I was really intrigued. He then shows us a scripture in Doctrine and covenants that says that Christ will come at the beginning of the 6th millenium to start his reign. And the symbolism of the 7 days of creation and that 1 day in God's eyes is 1000 in ours. So its all kinda making sense and then he says that this year on 12/21/12. Christ will be coming so we better prepare. I am not joking there was silence for like 5 minutes. We all just kinda mulled it over. The thing is I know that no one but God knows when Christ will come, but he showed us with the bible and facts. I was pretty astounded. Haha not that I think it is going to happen for sure but it was super interesting. Haha our bishop is kinda psycho though. I hope he finds a job soon so he doesn't have so much time to think about things like that. Yeah so get your food storage up to date people. :) haha dont say I didnt warn you all.
Haha anyway after that bit of info how are you all feeling? haha I had a great week and hope you all did too! I love this work, love where I am, and cant wait to see you all! Its astounding how much time I have already been out and I will be seeing you all shortly in about a year! Love love love!
Elder Ryan Bradley Wells
QUESTIONS:
Did you get your 2nd package at Zone Conference? Yes! i was super happy and everyone was way jealous :) hahaWhat was in it if you got it? insoles, peanut butter, airheads. 1 pair of garments, pics of davis(nice touch), list of birthdays, more deodorant, long johns....and I think thats it. all needed :) and the insoles feel great right now. Also I got the envelope you sent with the newsletters, recipe, and talks. Already made cookies twice, and the people at the baptism loved them :)Did you send your baptismal pictures to Sister Carter? yep just barelyAnd can you send some to me? (It's ward newsletter deadline.) yeah i sent a ton of pics just barelyDid you remember to "give the Lord a Chance" this week? yeah i think it helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment