Monday, October 1, 2012

Staying Busy

Well what a week! I won't lie I don't remember it all that well because they really are just flying by....super fast so they all kinda blend into one big emotional blur of good and bad!  I'll do my best though!
Ok so the week started out with p-day. It was kind of a bust. No one had any money so we couldn't do much besides write home and to President  and just hang out. Oh well. Tuesday we had our district meeting and I gave my first ¨taller¨or lesson as a district leader. It really wasn't all that hard. I taught about a principle of the 8 week program from the MTC, about the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. I tried to tie it in to the fact that we aren't here to just convert others to Christ and the gospel, but our best convert should be ourselves. Then I gave the elders a challenge to work on developing the Christlike attributes that are in chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel. It went really well overall. Afterwards the Zone Leaders came up to me and told me I had to have been guided by the Spirit, because they were about to give the district that same challenge right after I was done.  So apparently the Lord is using his servants in the right way, and I'm more in tune with the Spirit than I thought. :)
Ok the next day (Wednesday) we did divisions with Moreno 2 (Elder Johnson and Elder Gonzalez). The only problem is that when we got to their pensh, elder Johnson was sick and I was planning on staying there to do their baptismal interview. So I got some good studying in that day let's just say that. Had a lot of time to do some good scripture reading. I got through half of Mosiah and I love King Benjamin. Good day. Then I went with Elder Oleson to find the baptismal interview because he was working in Moreno 1 and 2 the last transfer. SO he knew where to go. It was a little 9 year old girl and she passed really easily. The questions are like do you believe in Joseph Smith, do you commit to live the law of tithing, word of wisdom etc. Cool beans.
Next day was weekly planning and we realized how close we are to the end of the transfer. SO yeah we're doing as best as we can to leave La Perlita in good shape if one of us leaves. Although we're not planning on it. Usually "dads" in the mission stay with their "kids" for 2 transfers then get switched. So yeah.
Saturday morning we went to the zone leaders' chapel to start a service project. We planted trees along a river (really its all of the grey water from all of the houses in Moreno). It was good and really fun. We got to go around passing out soda and planted like 3 trees. It was good to do some manual labor. Dad would be proud :) haha Overall it was a super fun experience to be with so many members doing something good for the community. Loved it. :)
Yesterday was uneventful, we had to go help out Moreno 3 because Elder Banegas was sick all weekend and they had a ton of lessons to go to. So we did that and I went with Elder Garcia (he came in my group of missionaries). He is from Brooklyn....or somewhere in New York but his parents are both from Central America. People are always way surprised to hear his super American accent. :) haha it makes me laugh. Oh speaking of that, when I went to a lesson with Elder Oleson, their investigator told me she thought I was from like Central America or something because my accent was better than Elder Olesons :)  I made fun of him quite a bit because he was always teaching me in the mtc how to speak Spanish! haha
Anyway I have nothing else to talk about. So I will wish you all a happy October, and say I miss you, and good luck to my sister Taryn and my brother in law Clark. And Tar I heard you are babysitting Max. Just be patient with him like he's a little kid, and you'll love him :) If you just let him do his thing he's pretty relaxed. Love you all and thanks for the updates on all of the stuff going on. Hope you can handle not being the RS pres mom. That has always been a big calling for ayone to handle, you did it better than most I would say. And how many can say they had a brain tumor while doing it? Love you all so much and have a great week!
Love Elder Wells

QUESTIONS:

What is involved with the Baptism Interview that you have to do? Just have to ask them questions to make sure they were taught and understood everything. Then I sign the paper saying the passed.
When are the next transfers? Not this Wednesday but next Wednesday. THe 10th I think. We still have pday this coming Monday though.
What are your investigators like? Most of them are really good. We have the familia Friaz still that just needs to get married and are procrastinating it!  Its frustrating. We also found another family that's awesome but also not married this week. We will see where that goes.
What's your ward like? They are all really awesome. There just are about 10 priesthood holders in total. Its frustrating especially when we have to go to the houses of women with another male.
Tell me about your bishop?  He is super awesome.
How did you like the picture of yourself on Mitt Romney's image? Hah its too lifelike. But my hair is way long! I remember thinking how short it was before. I look way young too.
Did you get any "Dear elders" of your friends' blogs recently? yeah last week thanks for continually sending those! love you mom!
Are you "giving the Lord a chance" when it comes to frustrations or difficult situations? yeah. I have been saying some pretty meaingful prayers and trying to make it a lot more like a conversation. It's going well.
thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment