Monday, August 20, 2012

They sometimes do the least expected

So the week started out kinda slow....we had just come off of that whole thing with Jackie and Brisa and we didnt think we were going to be able to have any baptisms at all this transfer! BUT, we had divisions on Tuesday and I went to Moreno with my district leader Elder Ponce, and Elder Eppich and Elder Oleson stayed in La Perlita. They seem to have had a really good time because they found a bunch of new investigators for us, got three baptismal dates, and talked to Jackie and Brisa really quickly. It was Jackie's birthday and she invited them to go have some food. They went and she seemed perfectly fine like nothing had happened. And can I just say that it was POURING rain that day. Not fun. But we were able to get into a guys house that talked to the missionaries in 1998 and was investigating the church a ton! he has read the whole BoM, and prayed like a million times about its truth. But up until now still hasn't recieved an answer. Hope he can eventually. Anyway, we went back to Brisa and Jackies house on friday I think, but there wasnt a man there so we had to stand outside the window and do a lesson with them. haha it was something I wont forget, but it was a really good lesson and we commited brisa to baptism this coming friday! SHe was way excited and told us before she was really sad because she didnt go to church, she couldnt get baptized this past friday. Hope that makes sense. But they came to church yesterday! SO she can get baptized for sure. We're super stoked! We finally have our first baptism when we thought we would have had one like a month ago.  Other than those two nothing super interesting has happened with investigators, but im not sure if i talked about Flavia before. SHe is a 35 year old woman we found just doing a contact. And everything we say she is just like whoa yeah that makes sense! And we talked to her about coming to church on saturday and she said yeah ill go for sure. But we tried calling her sunday morning and nothing. We thought she wouldnt show up. BUT SHE CAME!!!! haha i was sitting on the stand to bless the sacrament and didnt even notice her until i went to sit back next to Elder Eppich. It was a pretty funny moment. But you probably had to have been there. As for José, he is still smoking....we have done everything we can think of but....its not working. We dont know what else to do. We have motivated, called him every day, passed by a ton, taught the word of wisdom as powerfully as we could...but he still smokes! We did that tobaco tea, we gave him citrus stuff, we gave him suckers to eat instead....nothing. Its frustrating how addictive that stuff is. Well thats all I want to talk about as far as investigators.
As for other non missionary things....it has been raining soooooooo much! haha I have never had this much rain in my life, or maybe its just because I have never had to walk around in it all day. Probably that. I also realized how Argentine I have become. I have just been freezing all the time, even though its only been like 40 degrees at the least! Hah I'm a baby now. Also, Ii always have to drink a manzanilla tea in the morning to warm me up. That is really Argentine too, and its not breaking the word of wisdom, i dont know what the herb is called but its good, I checked. :)
Also last week we went to a place called Carrefour for pday. its kinda like Walmart but of Argentina. I found balsamic vinegar there! So of course I bought that and some olive oil to mix together with some parmesan cheese to eat with bread. Thanks for teaching me that dad its delicious :)
Anyway im out of things to write, so I hope you all have such a wonderfull day/week till I get to write you all again! Live life to the fullest and enjoy being with your families, not that I'm trunky, but we had a class on keeping the Sabbath day holy this Sunday, and it made me realize how much I always loved being with my family on Sundays. Enjoy those moments! they are truly priceless! love you all and will talk to you soon!
Love elder Wells
P.S.
 Mom do you know what happened to elder tanner boyer who was supposed to come here? He is the one we saw in Mr. Mac trying on a suit and he was supposed to get here a while back.  :)


QUESTIONS:
When are transfers? This next wednesday supposedly but they changed the pday to monday...so im not sure altogether.

Did you get to go to temple Open House at all with an interested family, or if not, when can you go? Not yet. We were supposed to go today but the mom and the baby of the family got sick....so Saturday supposedly if they can.
Have you gotten caught in the pouring rain much? YES! haha good thing we bought that huge trench coat from Mr.Mac or i would be dead.
Who are your best investigators? brisa, flavia, jackie, josé, and a guy named facundo we found this week.
do you like it when I send you the Ward Missionary newsletters? yep! i enjoy reading about all the guys i grew up with.
Is there anything else that you want to ask or need? nope im good you have taken great care of me :)
Do you think you will get transferred yet? I doubt it. The only way i would is if pres wants me to be Zone leader or something but i dont think that will happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment