Monday, October 15, 2012

Transferred Back to Aldo Bonzi Zone, Ciudad2


Well this has been a very interesting week. I was transferred again, I feel like I just had gotten to La Perlita and basically don't feel like i could have been there more than a month. Anyway I'm now in Ciudad Evita 2 in the Aldo Bonzi zone. Back in the same zone as I was in before La Perlita. SO yeah I kind of know my way around a bit here but not too much. I found out I get to go do a baptismal interview in my old area this Tuesday as well! SO I'm super excited for that :). Anyway I'm still district leader and I have Elder Nicholas Hansen as my new comp. He has the same time in the mission as elder Eppich did and he is pretty proficient with most stuff. This kid speaks Spanish just about as good as me. Its great. He is just super shy and doesn't really know how to talk to people that well or carry on a full conversation. SO its been a process getting him to talk to people more.
Anyway as for this area.....its hard. Its definitely a lot harder than all my other areas have been and even though its so close to Villa Celina its soooo much different. This is where all of the rich people live in Buenos Aires. Now its not the richest part for sure but in our mission its up there on the rich list. (not that the rich list exists here). ANyway I kind of would compare it here to st george. Lost of houses that are all pretty well sized and have terracota roofs and such. So the people arent terribly accepting. However we do have a place called the Monoblocks. They are a bunch of government housing buildings that are where a lot of poorer people live. There is a lot of potential there but I know that it has just been tracted like no other because everyone gets frustrated of doing contacts/tracting in the richer parts. The problem is that a lot of the members in the Monoblocks don't stay active. SO yeah its a difficult situation. We also don't have very many people to teach right now. That's what has been the most difficult for me. I love being in a lesson and starting to find a person's needs and helping them understand things, but trying to find that person is not my favorite. I'll be doing a lot of the last part for the next couple of weeks. So wish me luck :) I do know that I just really need to pray and focus on using the spirit and the help that the Lord has given me and will give me to find the right people. We will see how it goes. If I sound discouraged....I kinda am, but I also have a lot of faith and hope. So we will see how this week goes. :)
One cool thing about the area is that from some points you can see the steeples of the temple! Woot! we just still have no idea when we will be able to go for the first time. So if you want to call president and complain I would love that :) (haha that was a joke don't call him really) Also right now we are in the biggest Walmart I have ever seen. THey are suuuper nice here. Oh and there is a family in our ward called the Aguero family. The dads name is Carlos. Well he speaks perfect english and we went over last night to return a liahona that the elders borrowed before I came. He told us about his whole life and how he learned english in his mission (paris france) and then came back and started translating for general authorities and actually did the translating for pres Eyring and Christopherson and Ballard when they came for the temple. It was cool. He also has a son that is a bishop I think in West Jordan. But it was just cool to hear about all of his accomplishments and such. Also I felt the most at home there than I have ever felt in my mission, because they have like a million pics of their family, and they have a nicer, more modern house and gave us 7up cake and popcorn. Haha it was awesome. Love that family already. 
Anyway i have nothing else to say. Let's just say I'm content here, but struggling to understand how we are going to baptise people. We will see. Still loving the mission and happy to complete 1 year!!!! woooh! halfway done and will see you all in a quick 52....or so weeks :) don't forget to pray and always confide in the Lord. I love you all and have a great week!
 
Love Elder Wells
 

QUESTIONS:
Is Elder Hansen a refuerzo? No he has about 9 months in the mission
What's your pensh like? its not bad, we live with the elders from villegas. Elder S******* and Elder M*****. He is really a super disobedient missionary....its rough to deal with him
What's the city like? Really rich.....
What's your new address?  Oooh....me mataste....i think its J.D. Peron ****....or something like that.
Do you have any pictures for me? YES!!!! but i forgot my cord because i thought they would have a card reader here. nope. sorry next week
What are you new responsibilities as District leader? the same just have only three areas in my district instead of 4. 
Who were you talking to on your phone at Transfers? Elder Oleson telling him the transfers because he couldnt come. He stayed in moreno. :(
Will you miss Elder Kezerian as your zone leader? Yeah. he is an awesome missionary. Will miss his friendship as well.
Trying to remember what you did and where you were in Aldo Bonzi last time? Villa Celina. Its not in my district but Villa Madero is. SO i will get some interaction with my old area
Any more requests of stuff to send you, candy, food, clothing? Not that i can think of....i will think hard this week and let you know. more pop tarts would be awesome. and you dont have to send them in the box. that will save a bit of room

No comments:

Post a Comment