Monday, November 5, 2012

Elder Zeballos Visits

Well this was a long week I have to admit. I don't understand the whole concept of time here in the mission though. By how many times I have said that I'm sure you can all see how weird it is to me! Anyway I'll start with Wednesday.
So we had one of the area presidency members come this last week! Our meeting with him was on Wednesday in Ramos. His name is Elder Carlos F. Zeballos from Chile. He is a really cool guy, speaks English really well too. He and his wife both talked to us for awhile. Mostly about the importance of our message, and also about the fact that we have two years to work as hard as we can and the rest of our lives to remember it. Then they also talked a lot about having converts that are converted to the Savior, not to the missionaries. That is something I have really strived to do lately. (I also heard from my hijo elder Perez that my convert Steven goes out to lessons with them all the time, is talking a lot more than before, making jokes, and all of his brothers and sisters are taking the discussions as well!!!!! :) that just made me super happy)  But it really was a great conference and I enjoyed it. I just dont have my notes so I can't remember a whole lot right now. 
The next cool thing that happened was that Thursday night we went to the chapel to meet with the ward mission leader and the bishop (which we try to do every week) and then after, we were about to leave, but heard that the young men were making pizza. Without even asking, they just saw us and sent us each a plate of like 5 pieces of pizzato to take home with us. :) haha I love being Mormon. So much good food! and people are so generous. Also we went to visit this  less active member last night and she gave us a box of 6 pretty expensive alfajores, and like 7 avocados from her tree. It was pretty awesome of her to do. 
In other news, I also did divisions with Villa Madero on Friday and went with Elder Asay. He has about 9 months in total and is doing pretty well. 
I really enjoyed the divisions though and we got a lot done even though we didn't have a whole lot of time due to having to do 3 baptismal interviews for them. They have 4 baptisms coming up this Saturday so that is really cool for them! :) I just had a great time and got a poptart from Elder Godfrey because he got a birthday package :) Good day.
Oh and I saw a little bit on tv about the hurricane in New York! holy cow the floods are crazy. Tyler told me there were sharks swimming in the steets? How are they going to get the water out of there and how many people are preparing for the end of the world now? Crazy!
We also had a big storm here but not quite as big as the one from March. There were just a couple lareas that fooded bit its all good now. 
Well this is for sure the true church, i love you all so much and hope you all feel the same way I do about this amazing gospel Christ has shown us. I would challenge you all to work on becoming more like Christ. He gave us the perfect example of how to live and I know that by doing everything the way he would we will all be happier and be able to receive eternal salvation. I love you all so much and have a great week!

Chau-cito! 
Elder Wells


How is your eye now? Fine it just hurt for like 3 days or so
Can you tell me more about Zunilda and Macarena? we haven't been able to find them this week :(
Elder Palmer from the Lujan zone talked about how hot and sweaty it is there, but the rain cools you off and of course there is a lot of mud.  Is that how it is for you?:  Haha kinda....its not neary as muddy here as in lujan because itsmore campo out there. thereare only two dirst roads in our area. so its a different demographic for sure 
How are your laundry facilities? good. its a bucket :) i have been sending my shirts to the laundromt though
Did you get your suit dry cleaned yet? nope today though I am
Is it true the town shuts down when it rains? no people just do not go outside is all
How do you like the ward and the members? they are good and are just now starting to take some resposibility in the ward
Any more great investigators? Christina. She is about 55 and is really attentive and has done all of her reading assignments so far!
Is there something you'd like to buy yourself for Christmas and we'll put extra money in your account? um....I dont know. I wouldn't mind buying a nice mate cup. but that can wait till the end of my mission because there arent many good places to buy souvenirs here. OOH! yes I  want to get the leather scripture cases done. I am waiting for the english triple and bible I ordered through the mission to get them covered and I'm going to give Elder Perez my quad when they get here because he really wants to learn English.

No comments:

Post a Comment