Monday, October 29, 2012

Divisions, Interviews, and a sore Eye

Bueno, this week was...overall good! :)
To begin. Last Monday was just interesting but fun. We played ping pong and soccer with a few missionaries and the pizza we made (barbeque and ranch with ham on top) turned out really good! The ranch and barbeque was pretty expensive here though. But then we just went out and didn't really do much because we had a long lesson with Estella and Alfredo. Alfredo is the one that got baptized at age 8 and then never did anything else with the church (I think I told you all about him). But then Tuesday was my favorite day I will have to say. We did divisions with Villa Celina! Rather, I went to Villa Celina and Elder Hansen stayed here with Elder Acuña. I went and did 3 baptismal interviews, but now I think one of them didn't get baptized for some reason. Anyway I saw my converts (Roxanna) mom Maribel, and then I went to the familia Pari´s house and tried to reactivate them. I think it worked because they were super excited to see me :) But I also went to the familia Chambi! The elders there realized after I left that that family is just a goldmine for baptisms! WIth this past week they found three people that were ready to get baptized in that house. We had a dinner and an FHE with them and it was super fun! I will try to attach the photos I have of it. Anyway overall it was fun, except my eyes just killed. And I didn't have my glasses with me because I left them in my pensh so I couldnt take my contacts out. 

Anyway the next day I had divisions with the zone leaders to do another baptismal interview, and my eye got so bad I couldn't open it like the whole day that I was there. It was so sensitive to the light. But I called the area doctor and he gave me an eye drop to buy so it would clear up the infection. I hate wearing glasses though. Overall it was fun to do so many baptismal interviews in so short a time. They are really spiritually uplifting for you and for the person being baptized if you make them be. It was fun though. Then I got back to Ciudad Evita and we just went back to the normal grind. They did find another woman who's daughter is good friends with our mission leader. Her name is Zunilda and I think she could be really good but our mission leader wants to keep his friendship in school with the girl and not through the church. But the mom told us to set up citas through the mission leader....so its kinda a difficult situation. Other than her we tried to find Macarena but she wasn't at our cita because she had to go on duty for the national guard or something for a couple days. Also Alfredo was going to come to church but he messed up his leg and couldnt walk so he couldn't go to church. It was disappointing but not much we can do about it. We were going to go pick him up in a remis though if he couldnt walk but he said no he was going to the hospital. Hope he's ok. 

Let's see. Nothing else super interesting happened....i wrote in my agenda to tell you that when we went to Zunilda´s house it smelled like lemon pez because of the cleaner she used. and that led me to want to ask you to send me pez whenever the next package comes :) that would be awesome! :) Also I will be sending you a picture of a drink called Mote con Huesillo. It is a chilean drink that elder San Francisco made for us. I won't lie it looks a lot nastier than it tastes. It's not terrible but I wouldn't recommend it as the first South American drink you try. Gotta have a bit of a stomach. And don't ask me what's in it. :)

Other than that I love you all! I don't have much else to say but that the church is true and I know I'm doing the right thing :) also good luck to Mecham in Bolivia. He will love it! Thanks for all you do to support me and will talk to you all next week! 

Un abrazo, Elder Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment