Monday, November 19, 2012

Loving the Work


This was a good week overall. Super fast and not a lot of progress investigator-wise. But thats just kind of this area. So to start out we had our district meeting this past Tuesday, just a normal one. Not a whole lot happened. But then after I went with Elder Bravo(zone leader) to San Alberto again. They needed another baptismal interview. It was good but was the first time I have done an interview where someone had a problem with question 4. Or if they have had some crime or whatever. Anyway it was not a big deal i just had to call president and talk to him about it. The guy got baptised and is going to be a great priesthood holder for the ward. 
Anyway I got back from divisions Thursday and we did our weekly planning. It was long as usual but we have some good plans to help our investigators. Hope they can go through! Then on Friday morning we did divisions with Villa Madero. I went with Elder Asay again there and we had a great lesson with their investigator Marcos. He is the boyfriend of a member from another stake. But he is progressing well just needs to stop smoking at work. But apparently he felt the spirit because at the end he told me he likes the way I teach. Haha it was a really awesome compliment and made me think how worth all of the studying I have done has been. Anyway another weird thing that happened was we were in an accident on a bus! haha it was tiny though. The bus driver just kinda ripped the spare tire of an SUV off. We barely felt it but the lady's car moved about 5 feet. Haha she was so mad! It was just a bit inconvenient though because we had to walk the rest of the way to our appointment. First bus accident I have seen here though. They normally maneuver through the tiniest gaps I dont know how they can do it. 
Other than that the only weird thing that happened was we saw an animal crossing the road the other day, and walked up to it. It was actually a spider. The biggest spider I have ever seen in my life. Literally like 3 inches in diameter. We kept it from going into the field and it tried to attack our feet. It was super aggressive. But in the end we just kinda let it go. I don't really like spiders though. We will leave it at that.
As for investigators. We really only have 5ish that have any interest. We have Alberto who cant come to church because of the broken knee. But really wants to get baptized on the 15th of December. We have Macarena who is the girl studying to be in the national guard. She is just super hard to find and has school monday to monday. Then we have Valeria who is the police woman that is awesome but I dont know whats going on that much because I was on divisions so much this last week. :( She is good though. Also we have a lady named Christina that just has a really hard time finding the reasons to come to church. But we are helping her with that. We also have Luis who is the husband of a member. He just doesn't want to change. But we have an FHE planned that should get him super interested. We have faith. Also we talked to a member that served a mission but has been inactive that said he has two kids that need to be baptized. We just haven't been able to find them yet. Thats our goal this week. Hope it works.
Jacaranda Trees.
It's Springtime in Buenos Aires right now!
ANyway that is all. I have noted a change in my mission though. Before I feel like it was just that I was here serving because it is my priesthood duty, but i didn't really like it. It has been a gradual change, but now I have noticed how much I love this work, and how much it means to me. Its still hard to get up at 6:30 but I have more reasons to do it now. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be. I personally love helping families that will be together not just in this life, but forever. That was one of the reasons Valeria let us in. She said she loves the idea of being able to live with her husband and son forever. Anyway love you all so much! I am trying to make use of the time I have left because its not that much looking at it. It kinda scares me thinking about it. Sounds like Davis´ post-mission identity crisis will probably happen to me. We will see. Haha love you all and have a great week!
Un besito, Elder Wells 
P.S. transfers are this week and I think things are staying the same. At least president told my comp that he was probably staying in his interview. And I just got here so its a long shot that I'm leaving. But oh well I will be able to handle it. Thanks for sending me Derek's email by the way. Sounds really rough his situation right now. He is too good of a guy to let that get the best of him though. Sounds like he knows how I feel though struggling to find new investigators. Also do you know if Richard got my letter to him like 6 months ago? hope he writes me fast! thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment