Monday, November 26, 2012

Diligence is Priceless!



Hola Familia and Friends,
I will start off saying that it is super weird that Brayden is already home. I feel like he shouldn't be but am proud of him and his talk sounded pretty awesome. 
So last pday....it seems like that was so long ago! Tuesday we had district meeting and I gave a little lesson about Diligence. I really enjoyed studying about that though and feel like diligence is a really hard attribute to gain and develop, but once you have it its priceless! I used a scripture from D&C about it but of course I can never remember scripture references so I don't remember the exact one. Sorry :( thats something I need to work on for sure.
Wednesday we had transfers!!!! And I'm staying here with elder Hansen. It wasn't a surprise though. The only two elders that left the zone were elder Godfrey from my district, who went home. And the zone leader elder San Martin left. Elder Vorwaller came in and he is cool to be a zone leader. He is my Brother in the mission. Well adopted. He calls elder Leavit his papi because he loved him so much. And ELder Kent is now in my district. It will be interesting with him.
Um...other than that We had Alberto come to church yesterday for the first time! That was awesome and he loved it, so he should be good to go for his baptismal date on the 15th of december. :) WOOT! Also we had a really good lesson with some people we met a couple weeks ago, and got some doubts resolved, and helped them understand really well why our message is so important! They were pretty happy and open with us at the end. I love that part. I think I have just been kinda sad in this area because its really hard to get the people to open up like that and just tell you stuff. That really is what I love most about being a missionary, or a friend, is getting to REALLY know someone and what theyre thinking, and then just help them out by sharing what you know by experience. I LOVE that part of the mission. THis area is just hard for me because its hard to get people to that point. But I still love being a missionary :)
Anyway the other cool thing that happened was that we had a dinner scheduled with a family from the ward. Flia. Minardo. They are cool and I had never really gotten to know them, but she said she had a surprise for us so we better get there on time. Well we did. But they weren't there yet, however her dad was home so he let us in and we talked till like 8:30. Then all of the sudden a bunch of people (including the flia minardo) come rushing into the house with grocery sacks and bottles of soda. It was weird. Well they started cooking and I realized about 10 minutes later that i saw a can of bacon smoked beans, yams, stuffing, a turkey, string beans, marshmallows, candy corn, and some root beer extract. Well lets just say those things are super super hard if not impossible to find in Argentina. SO come to find out this family had flown down from the states to visit(the dad served here about 20 years ago) and the mom of the flia Minardo had asked him to bring some food for a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Well thats just what they did! It was so awesome! haha and the weirdest thing was everyone there knew English pretty much. The family is from Logan (sorry I don't know their names), and all of the flia Minardo had lived in the states. Haha it was soooooooo bizzare. But awesome. I definitely will always remember the Thanksgiving I spent in Argentina. And how much like a normal one it was :) So dont worry about me I had a good Thanksgiving! Hope you all did too.  Also,we painted a hospital wing for a stake
service project,and a family gave us a great dinner 
for Elder Hansen's birthday 
on Tuesday! 
Well, I love you all and love this work. Even though its hard sometimes it is worth the effort and I don't want to look back and say I didn't do all I could to serve the Lord. Hope you have a great week!    

Con amor, Elder Wells 

No comments:

Post a Comment