| Outdated typewriter with Ryan's first trainer's signature |
Monday we cleaned and cleaned....the pensh is still disgusting but its liveable at least. We still need to clean the bathroom really good but its better. We couldn't do any more today because I had to go to capital today to finish renewing my visa. So we had to leave our area at 530 last night to sleep in Ramos. yay.
Tuesday- we had district meeting and I gave a lesson about the book of mormon reading we are doing as a mission. I just told them to take it seriously. It went well and I have been loving reading and intensely studying the BofM this past week. That day we did divisions and I stayed in Marcos Paz 1 with Elder Lee. He is a pretty cool kid. We taught a really great lesson to a bolivian girl who owns a fruit stand(most fruit stands are bolivian run/owned). And we taught her a great lesson about church attendance. She started crying and committed right there to go to church....and she went!!!! She is awesome.
Wednesday- Traveled back to Lobos....the train takes 1.5 hours. We also had a great lesson with a family. Gustavo and Liliana. Gustavo speaks English really well and he is pretty funny so I always enjoy going over there. They are just great and have been progressing really well. Have a ton of questions as well. It was a full day though thats for sure.
Thursday- weekly planning which is usually pretty long, but we got ice cream to be able to focus. Then we had a lesson with David, the really prepared guy that went to Salt Lake and the temple here. He is SO AWESOME!
Friday-We had another lesson with David. We went to the house where he has been staying lately(he's out of a job). It is the biggest house I have seen in Argentina. Just like the states. They even have a barbecue. not an Argentine one but like a gas powered barbeque. crazy stuff. It's so hot here that their pool was pretty tempting, Haha. Then David (who is our investigator) offered to accompany us to Lucas´ house to show him how cool the church is. David acts like a member already. Helped us so much!. Then that night we had an awesome FHE with Gustavo and Liliana, at the FLia. Fernandez´ house. They are so perfect to help our investigators. Have the exact same before-baptism situation(living together, catholic, but not going to church). So Flia. Fernandez can relate to every situation they have.
Saturday- Not a hugely great day. We did find a family that is pretty interested and has a super obvious need. They just had a loss of two friends...and are wondering why bad things happen to good people....thank you book of mormon for the perfect answers. I personally love the example of Alma and Amulek while watching the innocent people burn....its really powerful to me. Also Nephi while he is tied up and his brothers are partying, then God sends the storm so they learn. Its interesting. They definitely have potential though. We had a lesson with Hugo who is also living with his girlfriend, and they are still deciding if they want to stay together or not. We will see.
Sunday- always the best day. We had Lucas, Hugo, David, Gustavo and Liliana, all in church. Total attendance of 17 people. Not many, but the Spirit was there. Also afterwards we showed the baptismal font to David and he asked us when he can do baptisms for the dead. We told him like right away after his baptism. He was like wait Elder Wells when do you get home. I said october. He said oh ok maybe I'll wait till you get home, and then we can do them in the salt lake temple together! Gosh what a way to get tears flowing!
Today we just got back from Capital to finish renewing our visas. We just went to McDonalds and enjoyed two triple bacon burgers and a mcflurry:). Tonight we've got to travel back to Arco Iris, the Zone leader's area, to spend the night for district meeting tomorrow morning.
Anyway I love you all. Sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm pretty tired today. But I hope you all have a great week! I will talk to you again next week!
Chau,
Elder Wells
P.S. Mom thanks for all the updates on my friends and such great emails every week. Tell Brett hello for me and congrats on finishing strong :) Love you mom!
Do you and your comp speak Spanish pretty much all day? in the street yes. in the pensh no.Overall, how do you feel about your own Spanish? I'm about 95 percent comfortable. The only times I have trouble is when I'm talking about really technical things. Like medical terms for example. Just a lack of vocabulary.How are your biking muscles and endurance after a week's time? better! but Elder Smith's tire popped yesterday. so we will see how that goes when we're back on Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment