Monday, January 7, 2013

Transferred to Lobos, Marcoz Paz Zone

Reporting from Lobos, Week 1:

Well this was a really looooooooooong week. Not because it was bad at all. Just because. Its different here in Lobos. Ill explain...

Well to start off, Lobos is not bad at all. I like it here actually. I think the introduction I gave made it seem like its bad. Its not. It is the last area before arriving to the zone of Chivilcoy, which is the really countryside zone. So its super big and the houses are a lot more spaced out here. But I like it. As for my companion, I am with Elder Trevor Smith, and come to find out, I met him before the mission once! He was roommates with Trevor Montgomery, and James Carrigan at BYU and I met him when I went to help James move into his apartment. So that was funny to find out! Haha good ice breaker I guess. But he is from Rexburg Idaho, and is a pretty cool kid. We get along really well and it will be a fun transfer....or two. We're not really sure what will happen because he has two transfers here already. But we have one thing that I really like! BIKES!!!!! haha it is so helpful. And has been such a long time since I rode a bike. So its been a week of getting my bike muscles back in shape. Its different from walking thats for sure. Another thing about this area is that its the first branch I have been in. And let me tell you its small. The attendance at church was 13 yesterday. Including us and 4 investigators. So there was a member presence of 7 people. Its bad. But its good because I felt the spirit more than normally. So I like it. But our chapel is a 4 room house. So that is definitely different. Anyway. Thats mostly all.
OH! except for the pensh. It was soooooooooo gross. Thats why im writing so much later today because we took most of the morning to clean it. It was just infested with spiders and cobwebs and probably hadn't been cleaned for at least 7-8 months. So gross. I can sleep in peace now though. It is a pretty nice pensh too, just old. It has like 14 foot ceilings so its cool and spacious, but just old and a bit beat up. But i like it overall.
As for investigators here, our main one is named David. He is about 50 and bald. He kinda reminds me a lot of dads friend Mike Evertson. He works for Xango and they took him to Salt lake one year for a convention and went to temple square and such. He loved it. He also went to the temple open house here and loved it! He has a baptismal date for the 27th. Also we have a kid named Lucas that has a fecha. He doesn't have a super strong testimony yet though so we are working on that. Also we have Hugo who was going to get baptized but is with a woman that he isn't marred to. So he can't yet. They might get separated though so we will see what happens. Obviously though we would rather that they get married instead of separated. Other than him its kinda slim pickins. We're working to find new people and its going well. The only probalem is that there are a lot of people just living together here. So finding some that arent juntado is difficult. 
Anyway Taryn I'm happy you could get moved in to your apartment! Sorry your hubby is gone a lot though. Call me if you get bored. My number is 1235469987. Haha just kidding. Get a dog instead :) Love you though
I'm out of things to write about, but I'm happy here in "almost" campo....pray that we may find the other elect people we have here waiting for us! Love you all so much and hope you can all come to have as strong of a testimony as I do about this church and the work I'm doing! I love you all so much!

Un besito,
Elder Wells


PS. Mom, You should also tell the Columbian girl for me 
buena suerte en su mision! Trabaje fuerte todos los dias y tendra una mision sagrada. Sea diligente desde el principio y ame sus compaƱeras y presteles servicio, asi aprende amar a todos. Le va a encantar la mision! 

Also take a video of Davis saying my name so i can at least see it when I get back :) love you mom

QUESTIONS:

What's the main difference between the last area and this? Im in campo, its a branch, and i have a bike.
Where are you living and do you know the
 address? No its in the center of town though. its just a door from the outside. If you look up Lobos argentina you should be able to see what its like.
Is your companion brand new? No he has a couple transfers here
Have you told us everything about him, where he's from, how long he's been out, likeable, talkative, obedient? He served in austin for a while while waiting for his visa. He is all of those things you said.
Are you his trainer? No im his second comp here
did you ever get your photo card fixed and did Richard's instructions help? i got it and tried it but it didnt work....so i think im gonna have to wait till i get back.... :(
Any photos for me yet? Not yet. next week sorry.
Did you know you sent me two of the exact same photo to me last week? haha yeah i realized after sorry
Did you know it was the exact photo that was on Sis. Carter's blog? No i had no idea i cant look at the blog.... :(
How many transfers has it been since you've been a DL? THis is the 4th as DL.
What do you think about Elder Kezarian becoming Assistant? I was waiting for it to happen. he is one of presidents favorite elders so it makes sense.
Did I tell you I've been talking to Elder Asay's mom and we think you two have become good friends? Haha yeah we have. He is a cool kid really.
How are your feelings about this new change of area and companion? Overall really well. i like it here

Is there anything else you'd like sent in your new scriptures package? No. i think more towards the end i will hae you send me some protein shake powder though. They dont have it here and i feel like i eat terribly for breakfast. It will help me get a bit more in shape before i get home :)
Did you spend any of that gift money yet? No i dont want to get too many souveneirs yet so i dont have to carry them around all the rest of my mission
Did you get the elder's shoes yet? yeah and they work great! and they were free

No comments:

Post a Comment