![]() |
| Lucas and David with Elder Smith in front of the font |
![]() |
| The Branch at the church ( a house) |
![]() |
| The weekly homemade pizza |
![]() |
| The only way an Elder should get into a swimming pool. |
![]() |
| Lovely Palm trees next to the empty pool |
![]() |
| Ryan's only bike riding area so far in the mission |
![]() |
| Watch tan! |
Monday- really relaxed day. We just chilled in the pensh in Marcos Paz 1 and slept and talked about whatever with the elders from Marcos Paz 2. I bought some ice cream too which was Dulce de Leche with brownie. SO good. After I went to their chapel to interview their baptismal candidate. Estella. She is awesome and started crying during the interview. I may have teared up a bit too but it was a really spiritual interview. Then after I went on divisions for the night with elder Tolaba from Jujuy argentina. We found a bunch of teenagers that listened to us and it was fun.
Tuesday- woke up and went to district meeting. It was good and I taught about our purpose as missionaries. It went really well. We also talked about how the district is doing and how we can improve. There is a lot of room for that. But then I went on divisions with Elder Davis one of our ZLs to their area because they needed some baptismal interviews as well. Elder Morgan his comp went with Elder Smith to do our baptismal interviews. Elder Davis and I worked a ton and found 7 new investigators! Thats one less than the meta we have per week. It was awesome. We also sacked 3 baptismal dates. (oh but elder smith and morgan didnt get to our area till 5 that night!!! they were going to take the train but it broke, and then the bus they took broke down on the way.......it took them 5 hours to travel back to Lobos! rediculous)
Wednesday- Dont really remember it. I just remember walking around a lot and no one letting us in. Haha sorry.
Thursday- We had weekly planning and it went well. Made our pizzas again and they turned out great! Then went out and worked. We didnt get into any houses again which was difficult. Oh well. Oh we had our last lesson with David before his baptism which was really good! :)
Friday- Now we had some success Friday thank goodness....I was beginning to think we were never going to find anyone new. We talked to a lady named Marta who lives out in the campo....the fields basically, and she is super evangelist. Listened but would not listen to anything that wasnt in the bible. Then we found another Marta that is older and suffered from polio as a girl, she has a hump like the hunchback of notre dame. But is so awesome! Has some medical problems. But really receptive. Also that night we talked to Walter who came to church with Hno. Fernandez this last week and he is soooooooo good! He accepted a baptismal date so easily for the 24th. Also we talked to his wife a bit and she is receptive but a bit scared of us. We just need to get her to warm up to us a bit. It was a good day Friday.
Saturday- Also a pretty good day. We found 3 new people. A lady named Fabiana in the morning and her son who is 9. They are soooo elect but are moving to the campo this Thursday. So sad. But we will make sure to pass the reference to the elders where she's going. The other new person is Laura who also accepted a baptismal date. So awesome! We are really seeing miracles through our work here. She is a bit older (like 63) but awesome. Then we got back to the pensh that night, I was making nightly calls to my district and I got a call from my old buddy Elder Kezerian (who is now an Assistant to the Pres.) so I took the call and he said hey elder how are you....good I said. Hey I need to talk to elder Smith. Ok here he is. After they hung up Elder Smith said. Well....I'm leaving Monday morning. Getting transferred. Whoa!!!!! Transfers aren't till the 13th of february. Such a shock! But at least he would get to stay for the baptisms this Sunday.
Sunday- We had a total of 26 people in church! It was amazing. And all of them are from Lobos! (sometimes people visit from other wards or the stake). We also had 7 investigators there which was great. After we had the baptisms of David and Lucas! David started crying after his baptism. Such an awesome guy. Lucas also brought his friend to the baptism which was awesome. He definitely will be a good missionary. Just a great day overall. That night we went to the Flia. Fernandez so Elder Smith could say bye. It was fun but sad. I'm really sad that he left and still donIt know where he got sent to. But one of the secretaries came and got him this morning and I now have Elder Correa from here in Argentina. Rosario area. He said he is pretty familiar with one of the areas Landon has served in. Pergamino. He seems cool enough and we will get along. But I will definitely miss Elder Smith. We were really good friends already and only had half a transfer together!!!! Excited to see what Elder Correa and I can do here now though.
Well that was longer than normal I think. Thanks for the letters I got from Lisa Riddle, Kylie, and grandma Norma :) you're all great! Hope everyone has a great week! With much love,
Elder Wells
P.S. Read your scriptures.
Questions:Did you sing parts in your duet? yeah i just sang the melody. Elder Smith is really good so he sang harmony.Are you involved in the Mission Book of Mormon reading program? If so, which book are you in?yeah. we just finished words of mormonHow is your relationship with the comp? it was great! but now he's goneDo the two of you discuss the scriptures or say Book of Mormon stories together? yeah we did....we had a great relationship







No comments:
Post a Comment