Monday, February 4, 2013

5th Week in Lobos, Companion Change

Interesting week to start out. 

Monday- got my new companion Elder Correa and we just kinda did internet and worked for like 2 hours....the train to go to Marcos Paz was cancelled so we had to just chill here and get up at 4:30 the next morning to travel there for district meeting. It just killed me to travel that long in one day! I always feel dead after taking the train. 
Tuesday- had district meeting and then we traveled back here to Lobos. District meeting went well though I didn't get a good chance to talk to them about much because we were short on time. Elder Correa then went to the church in Lobos to have a retention lesson with David. Then the branch pres came and we had ward council. It was just talking about what we needed to do for the ward activity this last friday. Then we went to the pensh. Long day. 
Wednesday- can't really remember what happened Wedensday. I know we found a really cool lady named Monica that is pretty Catholic but a great person and loved the lesson about the Restoration. We also found some other people.... At night we had a lesson with Walter who will be our next baptism. He is the friend of Hermano Fernandez who works with him. We are gaining his wife's confidence a lot as well. I hope she will come to church next week! That way she will be able to be baptized together with her husband on the 24th. 
Thursday- weekly planning as always! haha not a very eventful day but we enjoyed it. Elder Correa and I didn't get along too well towards the beginning but by Thursday we had gotten pretty used to each other and were getting along and joking and such. So we enjoyed it. We found that night the FLia. Lopez who are not married but have two kids that could be baptized and then they are not opposed to getting married, he just has to get divorced first. 
Friday- We got some good work done in the morning. Mainly contacts and such. At 7 we had our ward activity! It was just like a 10 minute lesson on family history(which I will totally be doing after the mission.) Hna fernandez inspired me to find everyone I can! haha. But about 20 people came and it went well! We had a lot of fun and made brownies and such :)
Saturday- lots of contacts...haha but we had fun with it. The good thing about Elder Correa is he does the work but in a fun enjoyable way. So we were able to keep happy. We didn't find anyone in specific, but set some more sure plans for investigators to come to church. 
Sunday- We had 7 investigators in church! We have so many people that could get baptized...haha but so many aren't married!!!! Its so frustrating.... But we had abouit 19 people in sacrament meeting. Wait for it though. The highlight was....Both David and Lucas my converts got the priesthood!!!! :) it was such an awesome feeling! Haha loved seeing that. Then the better part was for the first time since I got here I didn't have to bless or pass the sacrament because they did it together! Haha I love missionary work... its so fulfilling when you see that happen!!! :) Great day. 

Anyway thats my week! I love you all and do something small to share the gospel. Plant the seed and trust the Lord to help you! It will work I promise! Love you all so much and have a fantastic semana! 

Love, Elder Wells



Questions:


Was I correct about  Elder Correa coming from chivilcoy and Smith going to Chivilcoy? yeah elder correa came from there but we're still not sure where Elder Smith is.... :(
How are you doing with the new change and your new companion? good! I struggled at first but he is a great kid really and we get along well now. He is definitely a bit more of a jokester than I'm used to 
In the pic of you and Elder Smith on your bikes indoors, I swear I saw your tie on elder Smith, am I correct, haha? yeah we did a quick tie swap. I promise I got the better end of the deal though :)
How are your biking muscles now? mas o menos. the problem is that my seat is way too low so its working out all of the weird muscles. 
Overall, are you happy and content? yes ma'am
How is David doing now as a new convert? he got the priesthood!!!!!! :) wooh
Who is your next investigator with a baptismal date? Walter. he should be good for the 24th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment