Monday, December 31, 2012

The Week After Christmas

Christmas Eve Day at the Temple

Well these have been a long last two weeks. A lot has happened and I know I will forget some stuff, so apologies in advance are needed. Apologies. That should help. 
TO begin, I'll just start off with the big events of Christmas Eve and Christmas. On Christmas Eve morning we woke up at 6 to get ready to go to the temple!! Now normally the temple isn't open on mondays, but President Carter got some amazing temple workers to donate some of their precious holiday time to help all of the missionaries go through a session. I love them :) It was so great but kinda weird to hear it in Spanish. They used the really old language (vosotros) like in the bible and LDM. SO it was a little bit harder to understand than the normal Spanish we speak here. But still was great. Then after that we all got on a bus to go to Ramos Mejia to have a devotional that Hermana Carter put together. Basically they were just all these Christmas songs put together by missionaries that have musical talent. It was good. I cannot tell you how hot it was though. Everyone was just sweating bullets because the AC broke in the chapel. Gosh it was death. I felt bad for the latins though too because the Hna only prepared songs in English. Haha so I don't know how well they understood. Luckily most Christmas music brings the spirit so it was all good. Then we went home and went to our ward mission leader's house to eat dinner. It was tasty. At midnight started the fireworks! They weren't that great but supposedly will be better tonight at New Years Eve. So we will see. Then Tuesday was the best. I skyped with my family! All of them!   Overall it was a great call and I got to see everyone's shining faces. It made me a bit trunky but we were able to focus after and get some work done. good thing :)Other interesting things, I got a package from my amazing mother with a UofU shirt, juggling balls, a book by Elder Bednar, some candy, and a photo album which was all just fantastic! Oh and I learned how to juggle in like an hour :) haha I was impressed with myself. Anyway. I left my agenda at the pensh so I don't know what else very interesting happened. I think I did divisions with Elder Kent....which was actually really fun. And.....I don't remember. Oh we also went caroling with the young men and young women. That was cool. But other than that it has been a while since I wrote last. So I don't remember what else to write about!I hope you all have had some great times this Christmas with your families and will enjoy tonight's New Years Eve! Set goals to be better. I know that's what I will be doing because we can always improve. I love you all so much and wish you feliz año nuevo! Love you!
Un Besito,Elder Wells

QUESTIONS:How did you feel overall about your call home? I liked it! it made me a bit trunky but i am good :) love you allWas it what you expected it to be? yeah and a little bit better. Its always cool to be able to see everyone! it was kinda hard to talk because of the delay though. and a bit hard to focus on so many peopleHow was Christmas Day?  What did you do? just called and spent time with members and investigators. It was pretty chill and relaxed.How did Elder Hansen feel about his Christmas call? good. he said he didnt really care about it all that much....not that he doesn't care it just didn't really effect him. Did you have a very hard time after we said good bye cuz I was thinking you maybe seemed a bit homesick ?  Homesick no. just wanted to keep talkingSo how did you like the photo book?  And did you like the quotes in the back? loved it and yes! it was more than I had hoped for.How has your last week been? good. everything is still the same basically.Any progress with investigators? Not really. We have found some new ones that may show progress. A Bolivian family and a couple other people.What was the newly remodeled temple like and what feelings did you experience there? it was amazing like any other temple. I wish we could have stopped to take pictures after is all. I definitely felt the spirit and love the celestial room :) it was cool to be there with so many missionaries and people I know How many members are in your ward?  How many active? in total about 300. but only about 75 on a normal SundayAny relief from the heat yet? nope....it might rain today thoughAny new investigator prospects? yeah the Bolivian family and a lady named Daniella. They all seem pretty interested

No comments:

Post a Comment