![]() |
| Mother's Day Skype Session |
![]() |
| Banana Cake for the Elders' moms with a happy mothers day wish |
Visiting the Lujan Basilica
![]() |
| Lujan Basilica |
![]() |
| It's Autumn Time, March, 2013 |
Okay, so I'm going to try to not say that I don't remember what happened this week....because I have had a few complaints. Haha thanks for keeping me in check everyone :)
So we had a good week overall. It was actually pretty event filled. On Monday we just had a normal pday and wrote families and such. Then Tuesday we had another zone meeting. While we were there I got a call from one of the assistants and he said that Elder Baneo and Elder Hillman were to go to the offices that night to sleep there because Elder Baneo was getting transferred and Elder Hillman had to go to Capital to do something with his documents. (he almost got deported but they let him stay because he wrote an apology letter hahaha sometimes the stuff this country does is funny. If it were the states he would have been grabbed by the police and deported that same day). Haha anyway so that was a bit of a shocker. That night we (Elder Dos Santos and I) had an fhe with our investigator Carolina and her mother in law who is their investigator. We watched Finding Faith in Christ. It was great and Carolina said that she was gaining a testimony and had receivd answers to some of her prayers. So that was awesome! Now she just needs to get an answer if the Book of Mormon is true. Then she will get baptized! Wooh!
Anyway Wednesday I went out to work with Elder Dos Santos again and we just had a normal day. Then at about 4 Elder Hillman called to say they were back. We went to meet them in the pensh and I got my new companion Elder Gauna from Formosa, Argentina. But he looks like he is from the states. He has blonde hair and blueish greenish eyes. He is a great kid and we get along great already. just Great!! Thursday we had lunch and planning and it was pretty uneventful. Friday as well. Saturday was a bit better. We had a lesson with Dario and he commited to stop smoking by today. The only problem was that Sunday he didn't show up for church and his phone was off. So we are a bit worried because we can't get ahold of him. Also no one else came to church that we were planning on. So that was a bit of a bummer. But I gave a talk. Basically the same subject as last time. Revelation. So i used True to the Faith to get my info. it was pretty good over all. After I thought how weird it would be to give that talk in english. haha i am forgetting english daily.
The highlight of my week was definitely the skype call home. But it wasn't as big of an event for me as it has been in the past. I wasn't waiting for it as anxiously as the last few times. It was great to see you all though family :). That made it a great week.
Well love you all so much and hope you can all see the blessings that come from living the gospel. I know in our family we definitely can :) have a great week
Un Besito, Elder Wells
QUESTIONS:
How many baptisms did you say you now have lined up? three. one for the 25th and the other two for the 1st. we will see if they get there though. :) hope so
What was your overall feeling about skyping? It was good but I feel like I wasn't able to say or learn anything because of the bad sound and how long it took to communicate something. Lots of lost time.
How did the cake taste? Really good! its like a banana bread in cake form.
Did the Vergara family feed you dinner and how many missionaries came? No we had dinner in another house but we couldn't get there in time to eat so they sent it to the pensh for us. yeah they fed all 4 of us. Such a nice family!
Does the Vergar family speak English well and could they understand everything we were saying? They don't speak hardly at all but understand the general meaning of what you were saying. You have to speak slowly to them though
So did you mind that I spoke to the ward mission leader via facebook chat and did he say if I made sense? (I want to know if google translate works) haha yeah he said it did. He did tell me you called me your baby though. haha that was a little embarrasing
Did you find out why Dario didn't come to church yesterday? Nope we still can't get ahold of him
Do you still even notice that you are in a 3rd world place? no not really, only when I go into a super poor house.
Are you getting enough emails from others to help you stay connected? yeah I'm good don't worry
What do you think about buying a white shirt where you are cuz it now costs me $40 to send a 4 lb package to you? the last one I saw was like 400 pesos....or like 80 dollars. I'll try to find a cheaper one though because I think that was like super high quality.





No comments:
Post a Comment