Monday, June 17, 2013

12th Week in Mercedes A



Buenos Aires Temple



Well mom I definitely agree that this was another week that just flew by. I don't remember much of it honestly! Haha I say that every week....but its true. As for home goes, I'll say quickly happy birthday to my big sister Jenna. Shes a kapa and a great mom :) keep up the good work jenn! Love you tons! Also happy birthday to the best little nephew ever! 2 years old already! haha and I feel like I have missed almost all of it! I wonder why? haha love the mission though, happy birthday Davis!
As for the work this week. It went well.  We had some good progress and found a new family that has quite a bit of interest in the church, or maybe they were just really nice and let us in. But anyway we were just walking down the street and I looked at a house and felt like I wanted to clap it and was thinking about it when my comp said, ¨Hey lets clap that house.¨ Lets just say I said yes without hesitating. And lo and behold the woman let us in without even talking to us for more than 10 seconds. Her name is Sylvana and she is 27. We talked to her and her father in law for about 20 minutes and had to go to another appointment. But she really loved the message about the plan of salvation we shared quickly. And when we went to our return appointment the next day, she was waiting for a lady to take her to the dentist but she still let us in and said she was going to pray but didn't and felt really bad she hadn't completed with her commitment. So we have a return appointment with her tomorrow. Seems really good though!
As for our other progressing investigators, we have been teaching Dario a lot and this past Saturday we actually went to the temple with him, his grandma, his mom, and his aunt! It was great! It was a district activity and all of the other branches were there too. In all we were about 25 people. They rented a double decker long distance bus to go there. it was a 2 hour drive about, but totally worth it. I'll send pictures. The only problem was that Dario and his family all wanted to go into the temple....well they understood in the end.
Also on Friday we had Elder ViƱas from the 70 for our mission tour who came to Lujan! He was great. One of the main things I remember is that he said he as a general authority doesn't teach about anything that isn't the atonement, baptism, or faith. It was great! He is so filled with the spirit, and helped us to understand the atonement a lot more. Its not just being able to repent of our sins, its about being able to make a change in who we are and how we act. I loved your story about sugar mom because it is perfect for making a change of heart and going away from the natural man :) Its hard but possible thanks to the Savior.
Area Seventy - Elder Vinas and the Lujan Zone
Anyway, Carolina is doing well...still wants to baptize her baby in the catholic church first before she gets baptized. Weird. And Viviana is doing really well, she is reading, praying....and didn't come to church. We don't know why still. But she is awesome. I feel like I have known her for so long. She kinda just treats us like her kids. But she will get baptized soon I know it. She has no problem with it and just needs a stronger testimony.
My comp is now ready to be a senior companion as well. So we will see what happens at transfers. As of right now we think I will be leaving, I don't really want to though. I have so many great member friends here and so many people so close to baptism!!! But if the Lord wants me to leave I have to heed his call. :) We will see though, I could also stay here, all my transfers have been kind of a guessing game. :)
Anyway just loving the mission and can't think of anything else to talk about! Love you all so much and hope you all can feel how much the Savior loves you. He does and I know it. Thanks to the testimony I have received here in the mission through prayer, and study of the gospel I can say I know Christ lives and can help anyone who has need of him. Thanks for all of the support you have all given me!
Un Besito, Elder Wells

P.S. Crazy about taylor D.! Tell him congratulations for me if you get the chance mom!
P.P.S. can you find my line of priesthood authority for me??? :) that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment