Monday, June 24, 2013

Ttransferred to Chivilcoy Sur / Bragado

Well what a week! I am super crazy awesomely tired, happy, stressed, calm and all of the other things you can think of. Its been crazy. I'll fill you all in as to why. So here goes.

So I'm not in Mercedes anymore. I'm even farther out into the country. About 4 hours by bus to be exact. Anyway we had a really good few days in Mercedes working before I left! We found 7 new investigators on Tuesday, one really great family and then I got told I'm leaving. Booh. But I got to say bye to most of the members I was close to. So it was ok. :) I will definitely miss that branch though. There are some super great people there and I will for sure miss all the food we got. Also with the elders in my pensh we had a sleep over to say bye and mate mate celestial. I will tell you what that is after the mission because I' dont feel like explaining it right now. Just know its tasty. 
Anyway Wednesday we went to Ramos at like 8. It was a long drive. Got to transfers and to my surprise, I'm a zone leader in a new area in the countryside. The city is called Bragado! Its had missionaries in it for a long time but never more than two. So we got half the city and are just working our tails off. My companion is Elder Wilson from St george, Utah. He is great! We look a lot alike and he has a happy personality. We also sat next to each other on the plane to come to Argentina! So that means we end together. We're excited to work here and have already seen some miracles. :)
After that we had a meeting with all the zone leaders to talk about some mission rules, and then a meeting with the Chivilcoy zones to talk about the new areas opened up and such. It was great. Then we all got  rushed to the bus terminal in liniers to go to Chivilcoy. It was crazy. We barely made it. Then we got to Chivilcoy and waited with the other missionaries for their buses to their areas. We were there til like 11. Then we got back and got to bed by 12. Slept on the ground :) great! And then went at like 10 to get to Bragado by bus. Great! Got here and dropped off our stuff and went by bus to 9 de Julio to help the sisters and the elders there to get their areas set up. Then we had a miracle. We went to buy churros and we stopped in the park to eat them and we both saw this guy that looked super worried walk by and my comp called out to him. He came over by himself and started talking. We helped him with his problems and he came to the activity in the church right then and there. Awesome!
We finally got to our area at like 8 and just crashed into our beds. Friday was spent planning and getting the pensh together. (which is really nice by the way, just a few kinks we gotta work out). And then Saturday we had a great day and found all of our new investigators to meet our goal and did a ton of contacts. Great but long day. Sunday we went to church and it was great....just not that many members. The only thing that will be hard about this is the member support. We have no lunches from them and only 2 active members that live on our side. So we will be working on that a lot!
Other than all that nothing to report! Loving the mission and super grateful for where I am and for my companion and the trust the Lord has put in me! Love you all and have a great week! See you soon!

Un Besito, Elder Wells

Questions:

I'm worried your birthday package won't get there now that you're in the country. Have you gotten it yet?  Don't know. I have to go in on Friday for zone leader conference so it might be there. :)
Were you able to open the priesthood line of authority I sent you, and can you print it off somewhere? Yeah I can, thank you for sending it! Love you
How is Dario's quest to be smoke free? still smoking....
Do you get to stay in contact with Elder Gauna to hear about your investigators' progress? not really....no
How is Chivilcoy compared to Lujan or even to Lobos? It's a lot more countryish. but in an overall aspect pretty much the same

What are your specific responsibilities as zone leader? help the spiritual progression of the elders in my zone and take their indicators every week. Help them out basically
Do you already know many of the elders in your zone? yeah about half.
How are you both getting along together? great. Haha we are already planning on hanging out after the mission
Do you get called "look alikes?" yeah people call us brothers and twins.
I saw Chivilcoy got divided.  Any thoughts or details on that? no its normal. They opened a ton of areas and needed more focused help. More elders means more leadership
Did you meet Elder Whitlock yet, whom I noticed is a zone leader in Chivilcoy Norte? yeah I have met him a few times. He is a cool kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment