Monday, July 15, 2013

4th Week in Chivilcoy Sur/Bragado






Well this was a great week! We had a lot of success with finding new people. We found two new families that are pretty interested, but  I will have to agree with Elder Oliver in that not many people are there for return appointments! 
As for our progressing families, we have Maria and Adrian. They are just great!!!! We taught them twice this week and they came to church again yesterday! Haha they said they have already started telling their kids that they have a new church and they are getting baptized. They had a ¨miracle¨ after going to church last week too. They had a big gas tank hooked up to the stove (that's normal) and it had run out before going to church, they even bought another one to replace it. Then when they got back from church they tried the stove again and it lit up! They thought, oh wow that's great! And made some eggs....well the tank lasted them till Thursday! haha they were sooo surprised and kept saying it was a miracle to help them with their finances because they don't have a ton of work right now. I know it was something to help them realize it, but their feelings in church are more of a testimony builder for me. We asked Adrian how he felt in church and he said,"I have never felt better in my life, i just felt so peaceful and happy! I need to get baptized.¨ SO AWESOME!!!! Love this family and am so grateful they are humble enough to recognize the spirit!
Another person we have thats progressing is Mariano. He is living with a member named Norma, they are not married and he has to get a divorce. He said he knows the church is true after just two lessons and never coming to church! He is so great and one of two people I know in Argentina that are taller than me! Haha, great guy and so humble as well. Love him. :)
As for cool things that happened this week, we had a lesson with an inactive member and his friend....who was drunk! Haha have absolutely no idea how it happened but he started ranting about how all of the countries need to team up against the United States and destroy it like Israel destroyed Babylon.....wow. Super crazy drunk guys! I will miss that. haha fun memory though. 
We also had a barbeque(asado) with the Islas family yesterday! They are just the greatest. Love that family so much. I can't think of anything else though.Love you all!
I noticed this week how much I have to be grateful for, for example, friends, family, and all the people that support me! Also just the little things like food....it's pretty crazy that we have been able to get everything one needs to one store so that we can have good tasting food. That was a really random thought but I know that God's hand is in so much of what happens every day! I love this church. Haha I was talking to a missionary last night and he said it best ¨THIS CHURCH IS THE BEST THING EVER GIVEN TO US!  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!¨ that is all :)
Un Besito, Elder Wells

Well since I wont talk to you again before your birthday I will say now.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA LLAMA!!!
YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON I KNOW AND I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IT :)
Also thank you so much for all of the things you have done to get me out here and keep me happy while I'm here. The letters the packages and all the prayers for sure. Know your efforts are super noticed! Love you so much!!!!! have a fantastic week and an even more fantastic day!!!
I will give you a huge hug in just 3 short months  :) 
Love you momma! 
Your super grateful son
Ryan :) 



QUESTIONS:

What did you think about Elder Steele's letter? Crazy....kinda the same stuff happens here but to a lesser extent. As for the disobedient elders, that doesn't happen anymore. President Carter has really turned the obedience around in this mission. :)

Any Package yet? Yes! I got it Saturday! Thanks sooooo much mom! All the reeses, kit kats, and rolos melted together but its just like a big chocolatey hunk :) 
White shirt yet? Yes, I thought I told you I bought it in Mercedes! It's hanging up waiting for the last week of the mission. :)
How cold are you and does your sweater still work? yeah it works great! Not terribly just in the morning is all.
Have you done anything with your Priesthood Line of Authority? No I forgot about it! I have to print it off now! Oh and translate it. 
How much of your time is spent being zone leader? all the time...I dont really understand this question.

PS. mom my cheeks got chubby! We ate a lot of sweets so im cutting back on sugar a lot....well for me. But it scared the heck out of me to realize my cheeks are chubby-ish!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment