Monday, August 5, 2013

7th Week in Chivilcoy Sur (New Companion)


Well this was a good week. I'm gonna be short on this so try to keep up!
We had transfers....I'm no longer with Elder Wilson, I'm with Elder Benjamin Quintana
Newest Zone Leader in Chivilcoy Sur
 from Villa Alemana Chile (That's the same place my hijo in the mission is from, Elder Perez.)  I miss elder Wilson a lot already because we were really good friends, but Elder Quintana is cool and I feel like we should get along well. Still in Bragado though so I'm excited to see the progress we have with our investigators. Yay!
We have a few families progressing. 
1. Maria, Laura, and Enzo. They are great but its really hard to make them all focus in the lessons, but they have felt the spirit and loved church when they came! Wooh! Baptisms should be this month on the 24th.
2. Mariano. Hes living with the member....remember? he is great! he was sad to see Elder Wilson go but came to church with his girlfriend/wife and she hadn't been in 5 years! Great!
3. Marcella and her 4 kids. We went to look for them for church yesterday and one of the kids was coming...like he was up and about to get on his motorcycle to come but didn't show up....weird. 
4. Diego. he has a baptismal date for the 24th as well and is progressing well! We are trying to teach his mom brother and sister too...they just are never there. Great family though!
Last thing I wanna mention is that we found a great guy the last thing last night! His name is Martin and he is super interested and at the end just said ¨wow...this all just makes so much sense, I've studied with the jehovas witnesses forever and it just confused me...but I really like this!¨ So lets just say were excited for him!
Other than that I know this church is true and love you all so much! have a great week!
Besitos, Elder Wells

PS congrats to my big sister Courtney and her new baby Hallie! Love you both so much! Welcome to the family Hallie :)



Questions:
What do you think about the $50 in the mail? Perfect thank you!!!!
Are you happy to continue on in this zone with your same investigators? yeah I'm fine with whatever at this point!
What about the mom of 4 kids who was inactive for 20 years? still inactive...that family kinda stopped progressing....lost interest.
Last week you said you went to Liniers. Isn't that a suburb of B.A.? yeah but its pretty downtown feeling- lots of Bolivians there.
And was it there you saw people robbing people?yeah...crazy. 
Why didn't you go save the people, haha? because then they would rob us too duh! also we try not to attract attention
When you ride on Long distance buses, don't you talk about the gospel with the people? no we sleep because its pretty much always the middle of the night
Gentry said he learned to be BOLD on his mission from his trainer.  Are you Bold or Shy? Bold for sure. nothing gets done without being bold
Truly living in "the country!"


Long-awaited hand-made Argentine Scripture Covers!

Backsides of New Covers

No comments:

Post a Comment