The other big thing that happened is that we found out they are sending a married couple to Bragado! So by the end of this week we will have 6 missionaries in our little city. Eventually the new guy will become the branch president as well. So that will really help the branch to grow out here. Also because of that news we had to go help the office staff prepare and clean the apartment where they will be living while serving their mission. It is so nice.....big tall wooden doors, way nice cabinets, just a lot of space and a really warm atmosphere. It was fun to clean it really because they bought us breakfast lunch and dinner that day :) yay!
The other thing is that President Carter came out to approve the appartment so he was there Saturday and did our bi-monthly interviews. I got a lot of help on how I'm going to improve myself as much as possible before the end of my mission. So I was really edified by it. President's interviews are always great unless your not being obedient. Then he's scary. haha but he really is such a great man and I have learned a ton from him. After that we left to work and then at 8 went to the chapel and President took the 4 elders here, two office elders, familia Ashton(a missionary couple) and president's counselor to dinner at the same place as last time. I got salmon :) it was sooooo good. Anyway, it was a great weekend because Sunday President was there too, and we had a two hour reunion at the beginning to show the whole branch "The Work of Salvation," that big devotional they did all based on the missionary work with the Quorum of the Twelve and such at BYU. It was awesome! Then President spoke about missionary work in sacrament meeting and it was just a great day. So yeah.
Im loving the mission though and we are doing our best to help everyone come unto Christ. I'm so happy here and am kinda getting scared at the prospect of going home...so I'm just gonna work extra hard and enjoy every minute of my time here. Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Besitos, Elder Wells
Have you thought much about arriving in SLC on Oct. 26 and having your homecoming on Oct 27, the very next day, with jet lag and all and are you ok with it? yeah I'm fine with that. I'll be tired prbably but its ok I'm used to that nowWhat's the story of that picture of you with the cow? It's just to show I'm in the country!!! My comp got really excited when he saw it so I decided to take a pic as welll.
No comments:
Post a Comment