Monday, October 14, 2013

17th Week in Chivilcoy Sur

Well I'm not in a super huge typing mood but we will see how it leaves me....as they say here. Anyway-
We had a good but tiring week! Not really sure why though. We have been having a lot of success with our progressing investigators though which is the great part. Especially Martin! He is going great! Has received a ton of answers to his prayers and is even preaching the gospel to his family already. He is so great! The only thing now keeping him from his baptism is his wife who as of this last week wasn't very keen on the idea of letting him do it. He really wants her support which makes a ton of sense so we have been praying and fasting for him. He really is so great and has so many desires to be baptized! They even invited us over for dinner this week and we gained a lot of confidence with his wife. They need the gospel so they can be united though. :)
We also have Jose who is the guy who can't walk very well. He came to church with a  member so we have solved the problem of him getting to church. But he can't walk very well because he has so many health problems. He has prostate cancer....three years ago the doctor told him he had two weeks to live....and that was three years ago. He has gotten a lot better since he started believing in God. So he is great! We also have Miguel who is a reference from a member. The most humble man (economically) I have ever met. He lives under a tarp held up by sheets of metal....its sooo sad. But the members are working to help him out :) And he wants to be baptized and really needs it! So we have those people that are doing great!
Other than that the only things I can think of are that the branch had a district activity this last Friday. It was like a hawaiian luao. I dont know how to spell that. But it went really well and there was a great turnout! So that was a big thing for the branch. Other than that nothing else comes to mind. But I love you all and I know the church is true! Have a great week!
Un besito, Elder Wells


QUESTIONS:

Will you define exactly what a "key indicator" is? Its a number that measures progress....like one contact in the street. We do 140 a week.  Or a lesson with member or without member. We have to do 8 with member and 7 others per week for example.
Where did you watch General Conference? In the chapel on a tv. It went well
Did you get to watch all sessions? yes ma´am
How about the Priesthood Session? yes ma´am
Did you hear Uchtdorf's talk on "I've fallen and I can't get up?" I did but I don't remember it very well. I have to listen to them again.....but I can't yet
Did you hear Elder Ballard say that you missionaries need to talk to even more people every day? yeah we are doing it!!!
How sure are you that you can use your cash to buy stuff on your tour? positive....
I was just reading your first hand-written letter to me from the MTC.  All you wanted was more letters from lots of people.  So my question is....do you feel like you've gotten enough letters from others? haha I feel good with the amount I received but there could have always been more
What was the meaning of that object lesson you taught in zone meeting? that we have to think in different ways and the way we are doing things may not be the most effective.
Have you totally loved having the Alldredge family there? yeah its great they are helping out the branch a ton!!!! 
Any more P90X workouts? just the abb ripper x one that I took a picture of to do it. I do that every other day.
Did it belong to a missionary who brought it with him and how do you watch it? yeah its Elder Call´s they have a little portable dvd player from the mission to watch the PMG videos.
Have you told us about Martin's happenings? yeah
What about Jose, why can't he walk well? explained in letter
Have you met anyone where their watching conference really helped them progress? Jose lost his wife and he loved President Monson's talk where he started off talking about the loss of his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment