Monday, October 7, 2013

16th Week in Chivilcoy Sur

Well this was a hectic week. I'll explain why as briefly as possible because quite a bit happened!
So we had our monthly zone meeting last Tuesday and it went really well if I do say so myself. We talked about changing the focus of our work to make it more efficient. I used an example of a cup supported by two coins so there was a tiny space below....and inside there was a pin on top of a coin. They had to get the pin out from under without the coin falling over and they couldn't touch the cup.....super hard. Everyone tried blowing it out. But in the end there was a magnet about 5 feet away that made it super easy to get the pin out. Great object lesson! We were able to teach the point very effectively. Then I realized it was my last zone meeting and they made me bear my testimony. I still have a month left though so it was super weird to do that! Anyway after the zone meeting the Alldredge family made chili and chicken noodle soup for all the missionaries. It was SO good! great day.
We did divisions with Saladillo for the week from Tuesday to Friday night and I went to Saladillo with Elder Call from Alpine, Utah. He is a great guy and has about 16 months in the mission if I remembr right. But we had a really successful week! We met a guy named Diego that has been to church before and just loved the message of the Restoration. He also speaks in English so we taught him and his mother in English (she is an English teacher). It was super weird to not remember the words priesthood and atonement in English....whoops. Anyway we also helped the group....they are part of a branch and are a group of about 14 members. They are super unified though and it was great!  We did P90X the whole week and I was feeling it for sure....made me super motivated to do workouts in the morning and for when I get back. Anyway it was a fun division....oh except the changing back. We had a bus to come back at midnight but it got there at 1:45....so we missed the bus from Bragado back to here so that Elders Call and Martinez could get back to their area.....they slept in our pensh and got on a 7:45 bus to get back there at 12....sad. Long night and I got sick because of the lack of sleep and such....my cold came back!!!! NO!!!!!! haha it will go away soon enough though.
We had a great Saturday and Sunday in conference though and Martin came to two sessions and an investigator named Jose who is sick and can hardly walk. Then a few other people we just met this last week....but I don't know anything about because I wasn't here! Great conference sessions! They all really helped me to know what I need to do now in my life and they helped our investigators out a lot!
Anyway the best thing about this week has to do with Martin....he is crazy loving everything about the church!!!! He has received his answer and knows he needs to be baptized....he flipped open the BoM this week to Moroni 7 and said it got to him!  He loved it!!!! He is sooo awesome and his daughter wants to get baptized too!!! Sooo happy for them :) Golden investigator :)
Anyway this was a great week with a fantastic end! We got to hear the prophet of God testify of the Plan of Salvation and his knowledge that we will all be able to live with our families after death if we live correctly in this life....I know that is true. As a missionary I have developed many attributes that have served me well, but the best thing I have come to know is that God loves me, and He loves all of you. If we look for His love He can show it to us every day. Look for it! I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ, the only true church on the earth. Watch conference and you can know that too! Love you all and have a great week!

Un Besito, Elder Wells



QUESTIONS:

What kind of a guy was Martin  when you first met him? great! he just thought that the Jehova's Witnesses were great too....so he is progressing well now and making changes in his life. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he immediately took out and threw away all his tea and coffee :)
Who are your next most "golden" investigators? we have been recycling some investigators...so we're kinda starting from scratch now....looking for new people
How far away is Bragado from Chivilcoy? an hour by bus.
Are you being fed  dinner and lunch by members very much? more so than before....I'm not as skinny as I used to be.
Is your camera ready and working for your pastores tour? yeah I have a card with 100 pics left on it. Just finished a card this week.
When will I get a pic of your pensh and surroundings and other creative things? totally forgot to do that....sorry I'll do it this week

Do you think I still have time to send you some cash? no its too late. Thanks though!

How much money do you want in your Debit card account? what's in there is fine

What do you know about La Boca and visiting there for the Pastores tour? not sure....but I know I'm taking money with me to buy stuff....the horse festival is this weekend in Bragado too and artisans come with cool stuff to buy as well so I'll buy some stuff there too

What ever happened to your wrinkled suit? still have it....just waiting to get home to use it
Is there anything at all I can be doing for you right now? no you're great! you do too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment