Dear Family,
This week was just a normal week! I don't have much to tell, but i will try :)
So the first thing that comes to mind is that package you sent me
mom! it was great! i loved the tie and the shoes work perfect for
gym(even though they are a bit used), i ended up using the black and red
ones. But also that Christmas tree you sent was great! we put it in our
classroom so our whole district could enjoy :) but it was cool to be
able to decorate it instead of the monster one we have in the living
room at home....so kudos there :) also tell dad i love the milkys, have
one in my mouth right now, and the pokeys are gone already....haha they
are just like candy and went way quick, especially when i share them
with everyone else! Also can you tell Paul and Lisa Riddle thanks for the
cookies! They sent them to me this Monday and they were way good! Also
that friend of yours from missionary moms sent me some caramel popcorn
last week that i forgot to mention. Thank her for me.
Other things that happened this week.....I had a great talk with my
teacher Hna. Tartaglia about my motivation here. I have noticed and
apparently she has too, that this last week I have been getting a little
too comfortable with what I know and what I'm doing....so she helped me
to realize I need to stay motivated till the end. I have set new goals
and worked out how to do it, and it has been going great in these last
two days since I've been able to try it out :) I'm planning to have
almost half of the BofM read in Spanish by the time I leave....wish me
luck! :) Also I really need to work on just speaking the language all
through out the day. Right now i think that is my biggest problem. So we
will see how that works out. It's just hard to do and I don't know why.
Oh and my other goal is to be able to roll my R's....its super hard and
so I just have to be diligent and work at it every day....which is also
hard haha :)
Other than that....not a lot happened this past week. We only have
three weeks left if i get my visa on time....and we should get our travel
plans on Monday or Tuesday :) I cant wait and will of course let you know
what they are....Also thanks for
the letter about Jake's farewell talk! it was great to read and I let Cole read it too and he liked it :) I see Cole every day and cant wait
to see Jake here next week! Its weird that I will be leaving here so
soon! I don't feel like I know enough! We will see how I feel next week
about that though!
Oh I thought of an experience I had! Ill just say first that I love
the power that music has to bring the spirit. It was after the Tuesday
devotional this week and we were singing "Praise to the Man" and I just
felt the spirit so strongly....and knew without a shadow of a doubt all
of a sudden that Joseph Smith was the prophet and translated the
plates through the power of God....not that I didn't know that before
but it was just amazing to have it re-testified to me :) great
experience....anyway that is all....the gospel is true, missionary work
is so important, and I am so happy to be a part of it and serve the
people of Argentina with all my heart, might, mind, and soul. Love you
all! :)
Nos Vemos, Elder Wells
| Reasch and Wells |
Is there anyone else going to BAW the same time you are? the hermanas in our group....outside of that I dont know...
Did you like the Milkys? Do you miss sushi yet ?
milkys were great and i hadn't thought about sushi till you said that....but
now that you do i miss it :(
Is there something I can send you that you'd like to give the same to your roommates from you? i have honestly no idea....you are the master present giver so im sure you will think of something :) love you momma
Did you read Braden's blog? I loved the part where he's all bugged at the disobedient elders in his new city don't you? haha yes i did as well....that just Braden though....ha ha love that kid :)
Any more great devotionals or talks from apostles? no apostles....brother Yamashita from the 70 spoke Tues and his wife didn't really speak English so there was some Japanese...haha i thought dad might like to know that :)
If you can, look for an Elder Wesley Wright going to BAN. He just got there yesterday. His mom is my good friend. i will try...but there are over 2000 elders....so probably wont happen. the Spanish people are spread out over the whole mtc because its the most spoken language in the church.
How did you like all the reading materials I sent you?? Too much? not too much! perfect amount....keep it coming if you want
Is there something I can send you that you'd like to give the same to your roommates from you? i have honestly no idea....you are the master present giver so im sure you will think of something :) love you momma
Did you read Braden's blog? I loved the part where he's all bugged at the disobedient elders in his new city don't you? haha yes i did as well....that just Braden though....ha ha love that kid :)
Any more great devotionals or talks from apostles? no apostles....brother Yamashita from the 70 spoke Tues and his wife didn't really speak English so there was some Japanese...haha i thought dad might like to know that :)
If you can, look for an Elder Wesley Wright going to BAN. He just got there yesterday. His mom is my good friend. i will try...but there are over 2000 elders....so probably wont happen. the Spanish people are spread out over the whole mtc because its the most spoken language in the church.
How did you like all the reading materials I sent you?? Too much? not too much! perfect amount....keep it coming if you want
Language skills? Do you memorize teaching lessons in Spanish ? No
memorizing....only the baptismal question, the missionary purpose and the first
vision....the lessons are a lot more focused on teaching the spirit and
teaching the person, not just spurting a lesson at them.
How did that Priesthood lesson you had to teach a few weeks ago go? pretty well....not too hard cuz i taught with elder Wilcox who is a great teacher....he is in Peru now though
How did that Priesthood lesson you had to teach a few weeks ago go? pretty well....not too hard cuz i taught with elder Wilcox who is a great teacher....he is in Peru now though
Do you still have to teach lessons now? yes almost daily....we have fake investigators that are our teachers but it is a very real experience.
Did you write Jake and Josh yet? no.....I'm going to write Jake today. and Josh....sometime before i leave....hard to find time :(
Have you heard from anyone else that you haven't heard from before? um....not really. i have been writing gentry Teej, Trev, and Landon back and forth a lot but no one new :( oh wait i heard from Kara Andrews last week but haven't written her back yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment