 |
| my new American tie from a member |
|
 |
| The Humidity makes it extra cold! |
 |
| Working on Posters |
What a week!!! We met a girl named Katarine. She is pretty cool but super
quiet and a little hard to talk to but that will be my challenge this week. She
is the daughter of a long time member who has been less active since she
was 19. And also, a bus drove over her leg so she can't
really walk to the church anymore....but the cousin or aunt of the
girl(Katarine) is a member who is really faithful. She even brought
Katarine to the church yesterday! That was pretty cool. Hope she can progress
quickly! Also this week we talked to Lili who we have had a baptismal
date with for like 5 weeks, and she said she really likes the church and
its all good with her.....but she doesn't really feel like she has
gotten an answer to her prayers yet....even though she always says she
feels way good when she prays about the church! But she will get there.
As for funny things that happened
this week. We were all in our room in the pensh, and Elder Godfrey came
in to sit down and Elder Slone moved the chair out from under him....it
was pretty childish but super super funny because elder Godfrey's face
was soooo shocked. Had to be there though because we all laughed for
like 10 minutes straight.
OH!!!!!! I completely forgot! the family
Ugarte!!! We were at
their house till like 9:35 trying to talk to the mom about what her
doubts are. We asked her if she had found the true church yet
and she said, and I quote, "I´m not looking for the true church of God,
I'm just looking for a good place where the people are nice to me.¨ Yeah
I
was astounded to say the least. It was
disappointing I won't lie, but I'm all better now. I thought they would
have been way good members but, maybe farther down the line. Hope so
because her kids are really cool. Gotta find out why members aren't
being very nice.
 |
| Elder Wells, Brenda, Elder Saldana, ? |
 |
| After the Baptism | |
 |
| Brenda's family |
Now for the good news, We had a baptism yesterday!!!
and I baptized her :) it was a pretty awesome experience. But she does
have to wait 'til next Sunday to get confirmed :( I was kinda sad about
that but she still got baptized!!! So cool to see someone you have
taught and got to know so much take such a great step in their life. Her
name is Brenda by the way and she is suck a kapa! haha she reads the
B of M every day and prays all of the time. So awesome. Anyway that's my
week. Want to finish by giving a shout out to my brother in law Tyler,
and a props for making my baby nephew Davis. :) haha hope you had fun
with your salmon party Ty. Love you all! The Gospel is true! 'Til next week.
Elder Wells
Questions:
Did you get
your leather watch working at all? Nope water got in it apparently.
doesn't work so i took it apart to see how it works
I have some good articles on charity, would you like me to dear elder them? Yes please, I need all the help I can get. Honestly loving someone without thinking that I may be a
bit better than that person or may have made a lot better choices, is my
biggest challenge!!!
What kind of service projects do you do? Just like yard work or build part of a house.
Is there anything you've
been craving or need or want? Um....craving....pop tarts. I made a green
onion dip today from a pack that either you or grandma Norma sent me
and it was delicious. Bought some super expensive lays potato chips to
eat it with even :) Oh! I may need some new insoles....the best ones i
have are those super feet we bought at REI....sorry if you already went
there once for the thermals. I found out they are for sure larges though
What can I do to inspire you and make you feel better about your work? I don't know....prayers are always needed!
How is your attitude
about working all day every day? Fine. I still have trouble with the
getting up right at 630...that's my goal this week is to do it all week.
No comments:
Post a Comment