Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Not a Teenager Any More!


One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong....Can you guess which thing is not like the other, before I finish my song.....(A redhead in the midst of many dark heads, lol)



I'll take any picture I can get!

Love this, the 4 amigos (roommates)


Everyone made their poster describing themselves for the members

There goes Elder Wells

Welllllll....another week flew by. And just another one here in the mission. Doesn't seem all that different even though it was supposedly my birthday or something weird like that. I don't feel any different let's just say that, and leave it there :)
I will start with the missionary part of my life...oh wait that's all it is...haha welp. As for our investigators, we are kind of at a stand still. We have Brenda that is going to get baptized this Sunday and I'm super excited about that! But other than her we are kind of exctly the same. This wasn't a very good week as far as finding new investigators goes. Although we have some follow up appointments that i'm kinda excited for. Just in the first contact with them i felt something different about them. The only problem here is that almost everyone works Monday through Saturday....so it's hard to find them in their house. I sincerely hope that we can get some more solid investigators. We still have Lili and the family Ugarte. Also we have Mery still but none of them are progressing that fast. I'm really excited to find some families that we can take to the temple open house in August. That was one of the big things we talked about in the zone conference we had this past Wednesday. SO yeah we will see where that goes. We are really trying to put a lot of emphasis on teaching full families. :) Is better all around. But harder too. We will see.
Ok so for the other things that happened this week. We had that zone conference I just mentioned. It was pretty cool and i got to see a couple of the elders that came with me in my group so it was pretty fun to talk to them too. Son kapos :) We learned about the ¨life of a fecha¨ or what experiences someone who has a baptismal date goes through. I think that will really help us to better understand our investigators and to also help them have a more firm testimony, and confirmation that they need to get baptized to be accepted into the kingdom of God. Also president talked to us about how important it is to work with the members. I think that's something I really need to work on because I always imagined missionary work as just knocking doors and teaching people. But if there is a member there with us it is so much more effective, and if the member introduces us to the investigator it is so much more likely that they will get baptized. Elder SaldaƱa and I have been working on that a lot this past week. Hope it's working. I also studied a lot this past week about love and charity. I have learned so much from that about how to show love to the people around you and am trying my best to put it into practice in my life. I have seen a difference already. Also, started reading Jesus the Christ and can I just say oh my gosh its the best book I have ever read! gosh I love it and hate when I have to put it down. I learn so much every time.
Ok now as for my birthday. I do not feel like im 20....I actually miss being a teenager. But oh well. It was pretty much just a normal day as a missionary. However, I did feel like something was up when the member we ate lunch with was like whispering to my companion whenever I looked away. I found out with time that some members were planning on throwing me a surprise birthday party......but let's just say it didn't work out too well. Haha they weren't there yet when they told us to come over....haha it failed but it was fun. We just ate some Peruvian food and they gave me an alfajor with a candle in it. Haha it was a pretty legit cake if you ask me. It was at Roxana´s house(my convert here in Celina). So we had a fun time. There were like 9 people there or something. Also when I got back to the apartment, Elder Slone and Elder Godfrey had bought me a really good chocolate cake, I was pretty content with that. SO overall a different, but good birthday! One to remember for sure. OH! the other weird thing that happened to me this week was that we contacted a house. A lady about 28 years old came out and was talking to us about whatever, she said wait do mormons even go to parties or anything? because you don't drink or dance or whatever. I told her yeah we do, in fact my birthday is tomorrow and I am going to a member's house to celebrate. She said, ok....wait here a second. She went in the house and came back out with a pretty nice brown leather banded watch, and said here this is yours, happy birthday. Haha I was like wait what??? you cant give me a watch, I just met you, to which she replied it's my watch and I can do whatever i want with it. Haha it was the weirdest, coolest birthday present I've gotten. It made me laugh pretty hard. Too bad I tried to get the battery replaced today and the watch doesn't work. Maybe she already knew? Oh well.
Anyway I'm tired of writing....I just realized I should have taken a picture with my cake to send to you all...but I forgot. I'll do it tonight with the left overs. Haha love you all. Thanks for all your support with everything! I hope you all are enjoying your life a lot! I know I am doing my best to do that here so that I can remember everything! haha love you all, read the Book of Mormon every day! Have a fantastic week :)
Love, Elder Wells
PS... tell Clark sorry he ruined his knee....not fun I would imagine. Jealous you are all in Bear Lake and The picture of my dutch oven cake looks delectible.

Questions:
What else does it say on your poster from zone conference? um....when I started the mission, my favorite scripture Moroni 7:48, how many siblings i have, what areas i have been in, my favorite aspect of missionary work, and where i was born and where im from. 

What was the theme of zone conference? working with the members and how to strengthen the baptismal dates we have.

Do you feel like a twenty year old or a teenager still? definitely feel immature still....but i dont know, it's weird to think I'm already 20.

How many more investigators do you have? not a whole lot. kinda a sicky week as far as that goes but this week will be better.

Will you explain what key indicators are? They are numbers that indicate how we are doing as missionaries. Like how many lessons we teach, how many people we contact, and how many new investigators we find. Basically to make sure we are working.

What is happening with the girl who doesn't live in your mission? We got permission to baptize her!!!! but it will be in September because she only comes once every two weeks to our area. But she is moving here at the end of the year.

What spiritual experiences have you had lately?  I got a really clear answer to a prayer....I felt really good about that and it helped me to feel better about my purpose here and such.

What is your address in Villa Celina so we can google you? Haha its general pintos 2527....I think. Haha I'm not really sure. Lets say that if I had to order a pizza I wouldn't know where to tell them to go exactly.

What long John brand did we get you and what size and where did we buy them if you can remember? They are from REI. I have no idea right now because I'm wearing them. I think they are large....

No comments:

Post a Comment