Monday, July 23, 2012

Transferred to Moreno Zone, LaPerlita


Well there have been a lot of changes this week. I am no longer in Aldo Bonzi/Villa Celina and I am still sad. But I am not that unhappy with where I'm at. I do miss all of the people that I was way close with there, but have already started meeting a lot of the people here and there are some really great people here!
I'll start with the changes and where I'm at and such. I am now in the zone of Moreno, I thought I was going to go out into the country but I was wrong. Although I am closer to country now than I was before. I am in the ward called La Perlita, which is about the same size as Villa Celina is, but now I'm not with all of the Bolivians, I'm with all Argentines, it's kind of like coming home, but I'm not sure how much I like it. Overall its a good area. I took the spot of my ¨brother¨ in the mission, Elder Castillo. He was comps with my now comp Elder Eppich, who is from Washington, USA!!! It's kind of a relief to have a North American but I have lost my skill at talking to people in my native language, haha, so I'll have to work on that. But he is a really cool guy! He played basketball and football in high school and went to BYU for a year before the mission like me. He is about as tall as me too so it's funny to watch peoples' faces when they look us both up and down. But I think we are going to do really well here in this area. As of right now we have 5 people with baptismal dates, and I am pretty sure about 4 of them that they will get baptized. And we have another kid that is the son of a member that wants to get baptized but he doesnt have a fecha (baptismal date) yet. We should have some good success here.


I am struggling to get to know the area as it's more or less big and the houses all look the same, so I have to get to know the street names more than anything.  But Elder Eppich knows it all pretty well so it not terrible. OH! I forgot to tell you all I'm senior comp and technically training Elder Eppich. He's been through a transfer waiting for his visa in Tennessee though so he basically knows everything already. He has been through a transfer here too. But we had a meeting with pres. today to help us learn how to be good trainers. It was interesting but now we have like no time left to do anything else on pday today. Oh and the pension here is really nice so don't worry about that! It has high vaulted cielings and is pretty dang big. The only thing is the shower is broken so we shower outside where we wash our clothes....it's not as bad as it sounds though, just a little bit colder. We do have hot water out there though so its not that bad. I'm loving life still so don't worry. Just gonna be a change to be senior comp. Hope you all are loving life and I'm going to try to write those of you back that I can! Love you all soooo much!

Love, Elder Wells

PS I found out today that my old comp got robbed with his trainee like the day after I left Villa Celina!  Pretty lucky for me that I got out of there I guess, but feel so bad for them!




           Questions from home:
What area are you in now and what's your new address? Dont know the address yet. Its on the street called Ecuador.....I'll get the exact address next week
How do you feel about your new Companion? He's good and way willing to be obedient! We have been super obedient too don't worry.
What do you know about being able to help with the temple Open House? Only that we can go once for the open house and then again for the re-dedication.
Who are your Zone Leaders? Elder Dean Kezerian!!!(who I went to high school with) and Elder San Martin
When is your next Zone Conference? No idea.....we have interviews with pres this week
How many investigators do you have? like 10 in total. not a ton but it's pretty good
What is your laundry routine? don't have one yet.....have to wash clothes today that's all I know!
Did you get your packages?  YES! I got three! I loved it all, thanks mom it was almost perfect :) haha just kidding it was perfect and im so thankful you sent it all and took all of the time to get all of that stuff for me!!! love you soooooooooo much!
Are you appreciating your sleeping bag now that it's colder and is it warm enough for you? I dont use it still. I keep waiting  for it to get super cold like they say it will but Ijust have a big blanket like the one the Montgomerys have in bear lake.
Is your coat warm enough? um yeah.....the one time I used it
Do you mostly wear that Eddie Bauer wind breaker instead of your coat? yeah I do. I just wear my thermals, my shirt and my sweater with that on top. It's less bulky.

No comments:

Post a Comment