Monday, July 30, 2012

Adjusting to life in LaPerlita

Well this was a really weird and long week I won't lie. But thinking back about it I guess it was pretty short. I don't know the whole concept of time in the mission.  It seems so skewed. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO START OUT BY SAYING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!! I love you so much mom and am so gratefull for all you have done for me! I would not be here today without you, and am so thankfull for the updates, and support and all the things you send me to make me feel more comfortable. I appreciate you so much more than you know. There is no better mom in the world and I love you so much! Im so thankful you're here today and can give me such a great example of faithfulness in the church and of service.  LOVE YOU A TON MOM!!! 
 I will start off with our investigators. We have had some pretty good lessons this week and we have 7 baptismal dates set! But I would say only three or four of them are very solid. Three of them came to church yesterday and it was super good to have them there, we think they really liked it! One of them is just struggling to stop smoking....but a member told him he wasnt ready to get baptized last week.... yeah so we were super frustrated. But we have had a couple great lessons with him to help him realize why it's so important that he stops doing it. Unfortunately we haven't found too many other people to teach. Some ok people but none that are really solid. We have just had like one or maybe two lessons with them and are watching to see how high their interest levels are. We will see. 
Some interesting things happened this past week. One was last Monday when we went to Ramos for the trainers and trainees meeting. Well on the way back some random lady asked me what we do. I told her well maam we're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ and we are here for two years preaching so that others can come closer to Christ. She then proceeded to ask me where we are from, we told her the US, Peru, Nicaragua, and a couple other countries. When she heard the US though she was like well I have a message to send to your country. She then proceeded to tell me about how she can pay for her son to be a doctor but if he doesn't want to be he won't do it. We all have special gifts and stuff like that. Like how Lionel Messi is here to play soccer and have people worship him. I understood it all language wise, but had absolutely NO idea why she was telling me this. Anyway the next train station came up and she had to get off, her parting words were "send this message to your people"! and then she faded off into the crowd....I was so weirded out because she talked for like 25 minutes straight. Anyway just a really weird missionary experience.
The next thing we did this week was try to cut down a tree! With just a little hatchet and a machete. It didn't work. Well at least the tree hasn't fallen...yet. It was like a two foot thick tree trunk but they told us it was like 1 foot. Gosh my hand hurt so bad the next day from swinging the machete. But it was pretty fun to do so it was all good. Also we did a thing called tobacco tea with our investigator Jose. You basically make a tea out of a cigarrete. It is like black at the end. It is almost guaranteed to make you throw up too. But it makes you want to throw up every time you smoke too so that's the good part. It worked we think! So we should be having a baptism soon enough. Excited for that! 

Anyway I'll finish by saying that I know this is the true church! If any of you have any shadow of a doubt of that just read it! Read it and pray to know for sure if its true. I received an answer and I know anyone else can too because we are all sons and daughters of our heavenly father and he loves us so much! Love you all and i thank you all for your support! Again happy birthday mom love you sooooo much!

Elder Wells





QUESTIONS FROM MOM:
First off, do you have any questions for me? How are my friends? I heard Miranda and Ashley went to the missionary moms breakfast or something? whats going on with those two? also Jake and Taylor Evanson? What about Taylor Hartman? What was his sickness he got or whatever? thats it :) oh and how are grandma and grandpa?  I thought of a couple more things if you are sending a new package. THose floss picks! flossing is so time consuming here....haha Elder Eppich has a toothbrush looking thing with like a horseshoe on the end that has dental floss in it. If you can find those I would love one with some extra heads. Also i have been craving air heads. That is all. They are both pretty small items i believe. Thanks momma!
What are some of the wonderful experiences you and Elder Eppich have had with your investigators? We had a great lesson with an excommunicated member that chose girls over his mission. He feels so bad about what he did and wants to come back to the church so much. The spirit was so stong and he and his woman that he lives with were both crying 

Was  the 3rd package from Karen? I think so! I didn't realize till now because I got a card in it but it didnt say the address. haha tell her thank you so much for me!!! She has been so nice to continually keep in contact with me. Love her!

How much time do you have each p-day at the cyber? an hour and a half.

Is your shower working yet ? No but the guy is coming today to see if he can fix it! Woot!
 Are you loving having way more investigators than you did at the beginning of your mission? Definitely! We just need to keep working to replace them as they either lose interest or get baptized.....its hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment