Monday, December 3, 2012

Don't Give Up Hope!

Well this was a long week. It seems like that is the trend now here in Ciudad Evita for my second transfer. I don't know why but lately it has been really hard to be here. Probably the lack of investigators. Anyway I will talk about the week.
So last Monday was just a normal p day and we got all of our purchases and such done and cleaned and just kinda hung out. Tuesday we had our district meeting and I gave another lesson about the spirit. I have been trying really hard lately to have the spirit with me at all times especially because of the situation here. I know that through having it I will be able to be happier, find more investigators, and just be a better all around missionary. So I talked to the district about how they are doing with that. It went well from what I could tell. Then the zone leaders talked about obedience and kinda dropped cane. It was interesting but good. It motivated me to do even better because they talked about ¨leyes no pocos¨ or the small laws....I think it is in English. But just like the little things like focusing on investigators instead of thinking about what I will do when I get back, or in real life wearing Sunday clothing all day Sunday. Just things like that but how they really affect our spiritual well being because they are laws as well. Anyway.
After district meeting I went to Villa Madero with Elder Asay again. I feel like I have done so many divisions with them but its just because they have so many baptisms right now.So I went to do the interview for the guy that told me he likes the way I teach. Marcos. It was a really good interview and he was baptized this past Saturday. so good for him :)
Anyway Wednesday was normal. We just looked for new people. Thursday was weekly planning. Nothing new. And Friday we had an FHE planned to get Luis to realize why the church would be so important for his family. But the familia Aguero didn't show up on time so it didn't really happen. We had made home-made oreos and everything but its didn't go through. We should be able to do it this week sometime though. Saturday we knocked a LOT of houses. I think it was the most I have done in one day but it was necessary because we just do not have nearly any investigators. We found some potential people though. It was fun overall. Then that night we went and helped Macarena move to another house around the corner with one of her friends. They both were grateful so we committed them to come to church yesterday. And they actually did! It was a little weird though because they are both 19, so when they walked into sacrament with us a lot of the members looked at us weird. But we make sure to take members with us to the lessons so we're good. The only problem is they are both in the national guard school here in Ciudad Evita and have vacations now. So they will both be going back to their provinces (states) till the beginning of February. GAAH! it's so frustrating. Oh well not much we can do.
In other news. Alberto may not be as ready for baptism as we thought. We have taught him the word of wisdom like 3 times. But he keeps smoking and he just revealed to us that he enjoys a good whiskey about once every other day. We figured out he doesn't really understand or apply the things we teach to himself. So its a little difficult. But we still will probably be able to get him baptized and understanding everything this month. We have faith!!!
Other than that the only thing that happened is that Elder Meneses went home. A mini missionary got here this morning. He is a kid from here in the mission that is like 18 and just has desires to help us out. He is cool. OH! also yesterday in fast and testimony meeting a guy got up (he is the dad of our mission leader who is 19. But the dad and the mom separated about 1 year ago and our mission leader Elias doesn't really like his dad) to bear his testimony, and started talking about how bad the leadership of the church was because they didn't tell him his son is going on a mission and sent in his papers and they just want to make themselves look good by sending out a missionary but they didn't have the father's consent. (he doesn't even talk to his son mind you). Also he talked about how the bishop wouldn't pay for his super expensive back surgery when he broke a vertebrae. And just went off. Then said even though that all happened I still know the church is true. Amen. It was the worst. But then all the members just got up and made him look bad by saying how awesome the church is and how they all know its true and is Christ's church even though men may not be perfect. Haha it was the weirdest thing that has happened in church to me. Anyway.
Well that was my week in a nutshell. Hope you all enjoy reading about it and have a great week! Pray for us to be able to find some new investigators please! I love you all so much and have a fantastic week!

Un Besito, Elder Wells

QUESTIONS:

HOw is the Michael Buble CD?  Amazing!
How are the "pagan" songs on it, hahahahah?  just fine mom don't you worry your little heart
Susie said Landon is extending 2 weeks because of the influx of young missionaries.  Have you heard anything about that there? Influx yes. We will have 3 new zones with all of the missionaries that will be coming in.
Any word on your 2nd package? Got it today! Will be sending pics of it :) haha
When are the next transfers? January 2nd i believe
Have you heard any word about skyping on Christmas yet? No we will be talking to a family this week to see if we can use their computer for it.
Did Alberto come back to church for the second time in a row? No....he went to the cemetary to see his mom.
Hartman's said their missionaries (and TJ too) had dvd players for playing their training videos.  do you have one too? yeah we do. That's what we use to play the cds we have
Have you filled up that leather journal yet? No I'm about halfway through. getting a lot better at writing every night though. 
If not, do you remember how Pres. Eyring suggested every day we write down how we saw the Lord's hand in our lives? yes mother....

No comments:

Post a Comment