Monday, February 11, 2013

6th Week in Lobos, Working Hard


I need a nap! 

We worked our tails off this week. And in the end...only had one investigator in church. We had Lucas(my convert) call us and say he couldnt come because he was sick and throwing up. And that made it so his little brother couldnt come. Also the Lopez family that we have been working with also got sick....Bummer! SO the only person we had in church was Walter. :( But Walter should be good to go for the 24th for his baptism! We are having trouble getting his wife to want to commit and come to church though. She accepted a baptismal date this week, but then we talked to Walter later and he said she wasn't terribly interested. So we will see what we can do to get her a bit more interested. Thats our goal for this week. 
Other people we have been working with is the familia Lopez. They are a mom dad and kid that is 8. They arent married though and we have been working to help the father get divorced from his ex and married to his current wife. Its quite a process here in Lobos. We should be able to make some headway this week though. We also have a new kid thats 14 named Joaquin. He says he is atheist but we are pretty sure that he says that just because he is mad at God because his mom died like a year and a half ago. We are working to help him see how God can actually help him with his pain. We also found this week a family that is the neice of a member here and they were kinda interested but not a ton. Said that if they like the church and feel its right they might get baptized. Cool beans.

Not much else happened this week besides doing divisions with the elders of Marcos Paz 2. Elder Yoder and Patterson. I stayed here with Yoder and my companion went there. We enjoyed it and tried to help them realize the fun that you can find in the missionary work. But they were pretty close minded about it. So we are just hoping to see some difference in them this week. Overall our district did not do too well on finding new people and teaching lessons this week. It was a bit disappointing. But we did well here in Lobos and are continuing to improve this area bit by bit. Transfers are this week and I think either we're staying together or I'm leaving. But I don't know, anything could happen right now. I really hope I stay is all. I like it here! haha well I'm out of things to say. Love you all and have a fantastic week without me! Enjoy the cold because it is deathly hot here! haha chau!
Elder Wells



QUESTIONS:
Have you realized that you rarely can remember what happened on your Wednesdays when reporting on your week, haha? no....haha this week was when I did divisions with Elder Yoder. Haha I remembered! ususally they are just uneventful so I have nothing to write.
What changes in yourself have you noticed since being an amazing missionary for 15 1/2 months? definitely have more spiritual experiences now and im more in tune with the spirit. also just weird to see how much more pacient and calm i am. haha other people could say differently though im not sure.
Are you working on pictures of you on your bike or the countryside for me? yeah its hard to remember it though because we are focused on the work
Have you any idea of why the Lord paired you with Elder Correa, meaning what do you both need to learn from each other? yeah he is here to help me learn how to show my love for the people and gain their trust quickly.
In what ways does Correa make doing contacting more enjoyable? just tries to get to know people instead of just doing a contact for a number
When did he arrive in BAW? like 3 months after I did. He was supposed to go to Venezuela but he got reassigned for visa problems
How old is he? 21
Tell me about Walter? he is 28. looks kinda Chinese and has two kids. He likes martial arts and drinking mate. He works at a honey plant. haha
How is Walter's wife progressing? kinda good kinda bad. we will see after this week if there is more progress
Tell me about the Fernandez family? they are the heart of the branch out here! haha just awesome. they have a greyhound and a border collie that are just like them. Dogs look like their owners you know. Haha it makes me laugh
Have you gotten your scripture package yet, I mailed it on Jan 16th?  not yet because I havent been to the offices and no one has brought it to me. Transfers are Wednesday so I should get it within the next week. 
Do you have D&C chp 4 memorized, I read somewhere that it was required of all missionaries? yeah in English and Spanish. a bit better in Spanish though

No comments:

Post a Comment