Monday, February 18, 2013

Staying in Lobos, Second Transfer


Well it was a really long week I won't lie. I think it felt like one of the longest I have had here in the mission! But we did have some really good progress with investigators and such and a lot of them came to church! I'll start the overview of the days that you like so much mom :) haha

Monday- a normal pday. we had to travel to Marcos Paz just like every other week and so we lost what little time we have at night to work. But on the train there were a bunch of older guys yelling jokes and playing classical Argentine music with a guitar. It was pretty entertaining. I was going to take a video but there were some sketchy people on the train and I didn't want to get robbed. So yeah.
Tuesday- we woke up and prepared the lesson for district meeting. It went well and we talked about 5 things that we need to improve as a district to have more success. Mainly focused on finding prepared and worthy converts. But I don't know how seriously they all took it unfortunately. I dropped some good cane too because the other areas aren't doing too well. SO that was kinda fun but I don't like doing it too much. After, we traveled back to Lobos but didn't get there til 5:00 because it was some type of holiday and the train schedules changed.... then we spent the rest of the night in the chapel with the members working on how to improve the branch here. Long day for sure.
Wednesday - I woke up with a cold and was not feeling very well at all. We went out to work and I was just not feeling it. We unfortunately didn't get a whole lot done because of it. We had a lesson with a kid named Joaquin that says he is atheist but will get baptized we are almost positive. He actually has a date for the 17th of March but its not terribly firm. Also found a family that  are really great and the 19 year old son has a lot of interest. 
Thursday- Weekly planning as always. I got some Allegra D for my cold and that helped a ton! Also I realized how much I love it here in the country part or the mission. Remembering how much harder it was in my other areas just to have a basic conversation with them because of how closed off they were. People here are just a lot more relaxed, its great! At night we had a lesson with my convert Lucas and his little brother who will be getting baptized this Sunday, Matias. He is just like his brother, a little shy at first but once he knows you he opens up and you realize how much intelligence he has. Great kid.
Friday- We did a lot of contacting and found some good people! But unfortunately we weren't able to get into any houses....at all. Kinda frustrating but we had a cita with Walter who will be getting baptized Sunday as well. He is great! But luckily has a ton of support from The Fernandez family who are good friends of theirs. He will be a great convert. Also we visited Joaquin again. He just soaks it all up. Awesome kid.
Saturday- Saturday we had a lesson with Flia. Lopez. They are the ones that we need to get the husband divorced and then remarried to his current woman. But luckily David has some good friends who are lawyers who can help us out. They just have a really hard time remembering things like coming to church. We then went to one of the contact we did Friday and the lady's son came and looked at me very piercingly and said, are you from Poland? no.....are you from Germany? no.....are you from England? I said no again and he just looked at my companion and said come inside! Haha weird first meeting. But we found out he has a mental disability and is actually a really cool guy, just gets very emotional especially when talking about Christ. His mom is great though as well and really receptive. Then we had a lesson about sacrifice with Gustavo and Liliana. They have a really rough situation with his identity theft and all. He works but doesn't receive any money and its just sad because the government won't let him fix his situation. Anyway its frustrating.
Sunday- We had branch conference! We had about 20 people from the stake and about 25 from Lobos! Mostly investigators. We had about 10 people investigators in total which I have never had before in my mission!  Flia Lopez, Joaquin, Gustavo, Liliana, Gustavo's mom, Matias, Walter, his wife Cecilia, Hugo. A lot. haha we loved it and the stake pres spoke about what the branch needs to do to grow. It was pretty inspiring. Great day and we had a good end to the long week.

Anyway I'm tired of typing. It was cool to see Trev and Teej together in that photo. Weird to think that all my friends are starting to get home already! A short 8 months and I'll be there too...haha I'm not trunky though! Love you all so much though and have a great week! Also, please tell Lora  thanks for the letter.  I loved it but I might not have time to write back today.  OH! I almost forgot! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! YOU'RE THE BEST I COULD ASK FOR! Thanks for all you have done to keep me on the right track and get me on the mission. Also, for setting the example and serving so long ago. Love you so much!

Love Elder Wells

P.S. Mom I'll try to do better with photos but its hard to carry my camera around all the time because I don't use my backpack right now because of the heat. I'll try to do better though I promise!

QUESTIONS:
What, if anything, are you needing from me these days? have 4 letters waiting for me in marcos paz along with 2 packages....haha we will see who they're from 
Did you and your comp get to go in for the transfer meeting? no we didn't get transferred so no.

Have you found out if you can actually extend your mission? yeah the extensions are 1 month here.
Have you ever had any debit card issues, especially at an ATM?  nope, none.
Marcos Paz, Lobos District


No comments:

Post a Comment