Monday, February 25, 2013

8th Week in Lobos

Well we had a really good week! It ended really well and that is mainly because of baptisms :) yay!

Monday- we had a heck of a time getting to Marcos Paz. Just because of all of the people we tried to visit in the short 1.5 hours we had before the train left. Then the train came like 30 minutes late. We took the 7:50 train that ended up leaving at 8:20. And its an hour and 46 minute train ride. We got there way late. haha But I got my package and a few letters when i got there so I was happy about that!

Tuesday- we woke up and walked to the chapel for district meeting. I didn't really give a lesson or anything we just talked about what we all need to do to be able to baptize in March. When we got back we had to rush to the chapel and we just helped clean a little bit and did some interviews with the branch president. It was pretty uneventful. OH! we also taught a friend of the relief society president that is really receptive, she can't read though so its a bit difficult and doesn't understand much.

Wednesday- We went out and worked....and worked.....and worked....we didn't really find anyone though so it was pretty frustrating. A long day is all I have to say.

Thursday- I don't remember what happened very well but I know we were supposed to have a bunch of lessons that basically all fell through. Frustrating. 

Friday- We finally had some success! All day was basically just knocking doors and then at 8 at night we got into a house with a young family and their dad. They are really cool actually. Didn't have a ton of time though so we left them a pamphlet about the plan of salvation and said we would come back.  Also we had the zone leaders come out here to do the baptismal interviews, when we got done it was too late so they had to sleep here overnight. I ended up offering to sleep on the floor. I was surprised at how well I actually slept. Haha not a bad night.

Saturday- We got everything prepared for the baptism. Had a few lessons just normal for a day here. We celebrated Gustavo's mother's birthday. They gave us some really good cake with pear and dulce de leche covering it all. So good. That night we went to walter's house (one of the baptisms for Sunday) and were talking to him about how he would be baptized....then we talked about the font and realized....we had left it filling for like 4 hours!!!!! haha we rushed so fast to the chapel. We got there right after it had started overflowing. Luckily the pool thing was placed where there is an outlet for water to go to the street. haha such a scary realization that because of us the chapel had probably flooded. Good day though!

Sunday- Baptism day! We had 5 investigators in Sacrament Meeting and then after, we had the awesome baptisms of Matias (Lucas' little brother) and Walter. They are both just awesome. The only problem we had was that the hot water heater didn't work till about 30 mins before the baptism. I baptized Matias and Hermanon Fernandez baptized Walter because they are friends from work. Great day. We also were able to finish off our indicators for the week really well. 

Anyway I love you all  and am so grateful for my family especially and all you do to help me even though I'm so far away. Hope you're all praying, reading scriptures, and going to church! 

Love Elder Wells


QUESTIONS:
How is your cold now? Pretty much all gone! thank goodness. I just have a   stuffy nose left
What letters came for you in the mail ? the letters were from Miranda Jessee, Brooke Taylor, Diane Montgomery, and Camille Mendel. I'm trying to write them all back but it will take a while probably.
Is your journal full yet and if so, would you like another one? no not yet. I still have like 1/4 left.
Have you heard when your next zone conference will be? I still have no idea. :( 
Can you give me more detail about the protein shakes you want me to send? just like that big bag we had forever in the cupboard But a bit smaller.  chocolate flavor if possible. :) that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment