Monday, March 11, 2013

10th Week in Lobos

Welp I will start off by saying how weird it is that Landon and Brad got home already. I knew that it would happen but it seems sooooo soon and weird! Haha just means my time is getting short and i don't know what to think about that. Cool to hear  though.
I'll start off the week by saying it was long and we travelled a lot at the beginning of it. We had our zone meeting in Mariano Acosta on Tuesday, and then had to come back. We arrived at about 4 and then ran to a cita we had at 4:30. We figured out then how much the guy likes to talk. He is the dad of Analia and spouse of Maria that we found last week. He is really a good guy but would not stop talking. We ended up being there for like an hour and forty five minutes. Only like 30 minutes were spent teaching. But they are all pretty good so we will see how they progress. Then we ran to the church to be there for the branch activity we had. Basically they just made food, and we all ate it and had a spiritual thought. It was great, the hermana fernandez made Falafel. I think thats what its called anyway, from India or something. Anyway needless to say it was good! I'll send a picture of that. 
Then Wednesday we woke up at 4:30 to be on the train at 5:20....we had to go into Ramos for a special training with three zones. It was great! But a lot of travel. We were trained about how to ask inspired questions, how to use personal experiences to teach, and how to start the lesson right, so that it goes and ends right the whole way. It was very informative and the spirit was super strong. Especially after President's part (inspired questions) where he testified to us and told us some personal experiences from his mission. Its awesome how inspired the leaders of the church are. :) That also brought to mind a part of the Book of Mormon. While talking about the Nephites it says it was tradition among them to elect as chief captains men who had the spirit of revelation, and who were strong in mind and body. I love the fact that that is still a tradition of the modern day church and have seen the effects of it through the prophet, my mission president, and even zone and district leaders I have had. How awesome :)
Well at that point in the week we had lost about two full days of work, but we finished strong and met our goals with much help from the Lord. We were able to find a woman named Maria Ester who is 82, but loves God and said yesterday in church that she prayed and already received her answer if the church is true. I love awesomely prepared older people! We also found a few other people that we weren't able to have lessons with yet, but will be amazingly prepared when we can. One was neighbors with members in Spain, and had never really asked them about it, but realized that their son went on a mission. And wanted to know what we do here. Another woman was just loving the short part of the restoration that we shared with her outside of her house, and said that she would make sure all of her kids were there the following day to talk with us....but she ended up getting called in to work.
 :(  We will find her this week though for sure.
As for other spiritual experiences, we were supposed to travel last night to Merlo because I was going to go in to finish my document renewal, but we got to the train just after it left....we were thinking oh no what will we do now! but then when we got to the pensh though well for some reason we weren't supposed to be on that train. I think this was the most immediate response to something I have seen in my mission. No sooner did we get into the apartment, than we heard a knock on the door. It was Hugo, an investigator who we have been working with to get him and his "wife" married. Up until now the wife has not been interested, but she sent with Hugo, a huge dinner for us! We realized after how offensive it would have been to her if we weren't there to accept it. She had made it just for us and didn't even give any to her family. I was sooooooooo thankful that we had missed the train. haha The Lord definitely works in mysterious ways.
Last thing, I gave a talk in church yesterday about letting our light shine for others to see, to help them come to know the truth. I want to thank a friend who just before leaving on his mission helped me gain a testimony of going on a mission, of this church, and helped getting me here by telling me simply ´Ryan I don't know why I'm going on a mission, but I know that its something the Lord has commanded me to do, so I'm going.´ 
I love you all so much and thank you for the support you have given me till now! I wish all of my friends that are getting back well wishes in adjusting to ¨real life,¨ and missing out on all the blessings that we receive here as missionaries! Have a fantastic week!

Un besito, Elder Wells

They had the entire train to themselve

No comments:

Post a Comment