Monday, March 4, 2013

9th Week in Lobos

Well howdy everyone!
Here we are at the cyber in Lobos. Out in the middle of good ol' nowhere Argentina. Haha I'm loving it though so no worries! We will give a breve resumen of my week here and see how that goes. 
Oh and sorry mom I've gotten a bit bored of doing the day to day rundown. I like just sharing the highlights. We are kind of just looking for new people to teach right now and have found a couple great people this past week. We talked to the son of the Lopez Family, Luciano, and he seems interested but kinda avoids talking to us. When we get to talk to him though he loves it! Its so weird how he acts. We had a lesson and watched Finding Faith in Christ" and testified about it afterwords and the spirit definitely told him it was true....but he still avoids us a bit.  We  had another investigator, M*****, say that she wasn't going to be able to come to church because Sundays are her only days together with her family. 
But on the other hand we met some other great people. I don't know if  told you last week about this young family we found. They are both 20 and have a little 2 year old daughter. G**** and D*****. They really have no religious knowledge and just eat everything up that we teach them. We taught about the Plan of Salvation and they were so intent on it and understood sooo well. I love it when that happens. They aren't married though so that's the bummer. We also found an older lady, M****, and her 25 year old daughter A*****. They are both so cool! haha we just taught them a way good plan of salvation lesson because they had so many questions about it and they understood everything and wanted us to come back again. Yes please! We also found another couple that's a bit older. They are both like 65 years old and are super catholic and are so nice. They kinda remind me of grandma and grandpa...but with little saint statues and photos all around the house. Haha they are really good though and we are good friends with them already. Also last night we found an older woman and her 11 year old grandaughter. They are also catholic but not as extreme. They actually accepted baptismal dates. Not super strong ones but they accepted. When we were there we had to kill the biggest, coolest looking spider I have ever seen. It was white and black with all of these jewel like spots on its back, it was about 4 inches big with its legs and all. We smashed it with some bricks so it wouldn't bite the kids that live there. haha sad ending. 
Lets see this week in church we only had one investigator. Well thats a lie, we actually had 4. But 3 of them aren't married to their spouses so they don't technically count for the key indicators here. But they are progressing so we were happy about that. Also when we got back from Marcos Paz on Tuesday we went to the chapel and made pizzas with all of the members and my converts were all there. Its so much fun to see them all and just hang out a little bit. We also had our ward council so there was a point to us being there. and there were investigators there. 
Nothing else too noteworthy happened this week. Oh there was a pretty big storm that lifted up some roofs in capital friday night and knocked out power in most of the towns and city. But we didn't really see much of the effects here. It just made our room smell really bad as all the water flushed out the sewer passage thats under my companion's bed :) haha I love Argentine construction. It was bad enough to wake us up at 1 in the morning though. Something I probably wont forget. 
Anyway I love you all and am super happy to have heard about all my friends that will be serving missions. Was a little surprised about some of the girls that will be going but know they will love it! I love it out here for sure and time flies so you have to take advantage of every second. I know this is the Lord's work and there is a purpose for everything that happens. Hope you all can see that too.

With Elder Correa at Marcos Paz Zone Conference, 1 week after the buzz cut where there was a slight misunderstanding
Un besito, Elder Wells

Questions:
What is Elder Correa's #1 quality as a missionary? He is super good at gaining peoples' confidence in a short amount of time.
What is Elder Wells' #1 quality as a missionary? Um....I don't know. Haha I try to be good at everything but its hard. I feel like I'm good at discerning peoples' feelings and thoughts and teaching so they understand it better. It's hard to judge myself like that!
Have you heard anything about a zone conference yet? yeah we have one tomorrow morning and then we go into Ramos Wednesday to have a special training with president and the assistants
Have you played much soccer yet in this new area? no just once in the park with a couple members and investigators. It's hard to find time to do it now.
            Did your filter get stolen with the backpack? no I have it and use it every once in a  
            while.       
Do you still have to drink bottled water? we just have to purify it, usually with a couple drops of bleach. Its pretty clean here in campo though.
How are your "miracle" socks serving you? haha! fantastically. I have 0 holes in my socks. I think I'm one of 3 missionaries in the mission that can say that. haha
Is the weather getting cooler for you yet? yeah it has been quite a bit cooler this past week or two. but we're pretty sure the heat will return. hope not, I hate heat as a missionary.
Have I asked you everything possible in the last 16 1/2 months? I believe so....whoa its weird that I have that much time. I haven't thought about it really. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment