So we started out this week with district meeting as usual! Yay! I don't really remember what I talked about in my lesson....oh! Yes I do, making strong commitments with investigators and with ourselves. We can't after all, expect our investigators or other people to keep their commitments if we ourselves aren't keeping our commitments to God and to ourselves. Such as keeping the word of wisdom, obeying the 10 commandments, or just serving others! So keep your promises or no one will keep the promises they make with you!!! haha anyway....after our district meeting we traveled back to Lobos....I am really starting to enjoy the train rides. I think in the mission the thing we lack most is time....with an hour and a half to think about life or read scriptures its pretty nice. So yeah. But when we got back we went to the chapel and just waited for people to come to the normal Tuesday activity bit no one came. SO we left and started doing contacts.
Wednesday and Thursday were kind of blurs to me. I don't really remember what we did and I don't have my planner because we started a new transfer today...so I can't give an accurate re-cap. Sorry. But I do remember we had a lesson with a guy that goes to an Israelite church that has different beliefs. His name is Ruben, but he didn't come to the next appointment we set up. So who knows. Oh we had to teach him in the chapel because he is living with his grandma and doesn't want to bother her. yeah.
Friday was a good day, we found a few new investigators through Daiana and Gonzalo, two of our current investigators. One of them was Gonzalo's brother and his little sister. Also one of their friends that didn't seem interested at all. He smokes cigarretes and weed....so he didn't want anything. But Juan, Gonzalo's brother, was awesome. He loved every minute of it and accepted a baptismal date for April. We are going to work super hard with them this week.
Saturday was pretty normal and we weren't really able to find anyone new or do much besides just contacting. We got everything ready for Sunday and called the bus driver to be able to get everyone to the stake center, which is about an hour and a half away. Sunday was a great day. We had 17 people from the branch come and that is the most they have ever had attend a stake conference from the branch! We were stoked about that! We also got to hear a prophetic blessing from Elder Russel M. Nelson that the people of Argentina would open up their hearts and minds to the church and gospel. I'm sure we will be seeing some more progress in the mission these next few months.
Anyway thats my week in a nutshell. Not super exciting but what you gonna do? I enjoyed it! Love you all and have a great week!
Elder Wells
P.S. I heard about Richard tearing his ACL, he wrote me and I'll write him back. Send him my best if you see him.
QUESTIONS:
Have you heard anything about the new rule change of emailing missionaries? nope nothing at all....
Have you received any new emails due to the new rule? nope nothing at all....
How will it affect your time and the length of your emails to me, haha? I have no idea at all!! what is going on anyway?
I didn't understand why David was so frustrated about the pope. Was he sorry he joined our church because of the change in popes or was he not supportive that an Argentine could get promoted to that high of a position? He just really didn't want a pope from Argentina, also because of the guy's past. So he is good. Just a bit upset that there is an Argentine pope.
Have you had any more problems with finding investigators because of the Pope? No just some really proud people that said they wouldnt ever change their church now because they have an Argentine pope....super nationalistic.....
Have you seen changes since your PMG Christlike Attributes challenge to your district? yeah we had a really good week this week and they all really upped their game and actually followed through with the commitment to do it once a week.
What did you tell Presidente you would like to accomplish before the end of your mission? just about baptizing more, being more obedient, and more leadership opportunities.
How is the new family of Marcello and Sandra progressing? we have only had one lesson with them so far becaus they work a lot. But are really nice and always are happy to set up an appointment for when they should be home....something just always comes up.
Is it true that baptizing a single family is what Presidente want as your main goal? like in our whole mission? i dont think so. but he definitely likes us to be able to baptize whole families. that is the goal every missionary should have
How is your middle-aged couple (those having finanical troubles) progressing? very well! we had another lesson about their feelings and they are loving it! they have seen some improvement in their lives already so thats a great help.
What else can you tell me about Maria Esther? She is 84 and doesnt remember hardly anything so we have to write it down on a paper for her plain and simple. But that helps her remember a lot.
Did you remember to write to Grama Ellen? not yet i havent had time
Did you remember to write something for Jan? not yet i havent had time
Did you read and/or get dad's email from last week? yes i did but i havent written him back....and probably wont this week....I only have like 15 minutes left because the internet cut out for a bit
Do you really read all my quotes and entire emails because sometimes I feel like I'm writing a talk, ha? yes!!! I like it... keep going



No comments:
Post a Comment