First off, we had transfers....and I got transferred. I am now in the zone of Lujan, in the area Mercedes A. We share the city with two other elders and one of them happens to be Elder Hillman my MTC companion. Yay! haha its fun we get along pretty well so its fun. My companion is Elder Pedro Baneo from Iquitos Peru. He is a very young innocent kid that I love a lot. Haha he makes me laugh because he is just so....innocent. I don't know how else to explain that. He is from the first group of 18 year olds and is very humble and full of love. He's taught me to be even more loving. We also live with the other two elders and we have a Brazillian elder, Elder Dos Santos. Don't know exactly where he is from though. And I will say up until now I have been loving this new area. It is also a branch, but we had 120 people in church yesterday. We aren't in a stake either, its a district. But I'm still district leader so I have those responsibilities still. We have Lujan 1B and the Sisters in Lujan 2. And don't worry mom we are fed really well here in Mercedes. I haven't had to make my own lunch once since I got here. Haha also our apartment is really the best one I have had since I got to the mission. We don't have a mirror in the bathroom...well we do but its just a big shard of the old broken one. And the Bidet also doesn't work so that frustrating. Its weird going back to toilet paper after so long. We will have to think about putting a bidet in the house once I'm back dad. :)
As for Lobos. I miss it. In some ways this area is a lot better and I like it, but other ways I just miss good old Lobos. I definitely grew a lot while I was there and had some really great friends as far as converts and investigators and members. I unfortunately was not able to say bye to most of them. :( But I am liking it here in Mercedes. We had three baptisms yesterday and they were really great prepared people. The Espina family. The dad and his two sons got baptized and the mom has been a member since she was 12. Inactive though. It was great but I forgot my camera :( Also I found out today that Maria Ester from Lobos got baptized yesterday also! yeah!!! I wasn't sure if it was going to happen for sure.
Anyway I like where I'm at, I'm content so don't worry about me mom. I'm still in campo, Mercedes is a lot like Lobos just a lot bigger. We still have bikes and they are worse than those in Lobos. My rear end hurts a lot....anyway love you all so much and hope you have a great week! this church is true, and remember to listen for the Holy Ghost in every instance. He will help you (I gave a talk about that in church yesterday by the way). Read first Nephi 10:19, and Moroni 10:4-5, 7 if you have doubts. Also Galatians 5:22-23. It helped me a lot. Love you all!!!!
Elder Wells
QUESTIONS:
Have you told me all about your new companion? yeah all that I can
And your new area? yes ma'am
How many are in your new district? 4 areas...6 elders 2 sisters just like in Lobos
Will you get to hear from David and the familia Fernandez again? yeah I can email them now with the new rule!
What about the baptisms you had scheduled? yeah Maria got baptized....
Do you have an address of your new place so I can google it? um....calle 37 entre 34 y 32, Mercedes, Buenos Aires Argentina. something like that. The addresses are all just street numbers here.
Can you carry your camera with you here? yeah I have taken some photos but I forgot the camera
Did you get alot of pictures in Lobos before you left? no it was kinda unexpected....I didnt have time we left at like 7:30 in the morning on Wednesday.
I never asked you about your bikes. Did you ride them to the train station and if so was it safe to lock them up until you go back? no we lived like 2 blocks from the train station
I'm assuming you don't have bikes now? yeah Mercedes is super similar to Lobos....just like 5 times bigger
What do you miss the most about Lobos? my converts and the Fernandez family
What do you like the most about your new area? the pensh, the area, the members, my comp, I get fed. We also have baptisms lined up for this month
Other than Elder Leavitt, what other companions have you had that have already gone home? elder Gomez just left, Guzman, and SaldaƱa leaves after this transfer
What exactly did you learn about the new email rules? Presidente told us about that at transfers. As long as I write to him and my parents, its ok to receive emails, as long as they aren't too long, and I probably won't have much time to reply. I'll probably have to write people back through post though. I am going to keep it pretty light so as to not get overwhelmed. But if people ask for it I would love to hear from them. Love you momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment