So in this new area we also have to travel by train to get to the other areas in the district. (the district is comprised of Marcedes A which is my area, Mercedes B-Elder Dos Santos and E. Hillman, Lujan 1B- Elder Merino and E. Marcus Wells, and Lujan 2- Hermana Gonzalves and Hermana Cahoon) But its only like 30 minutes instead of the hour and 15 minutes I was used to in Lobos. Anyway it was a good district meeting and we just talked about ways to get people to church. I just had another idea about it too...haha woohoo for revelation.
Oh I almost forgot, Monday night we passed by this house we had been trying to contact. The Franchi family let us in when we got there. They are awesome and the husband's mom, is a member in Lujan. She has definitely prepared them to accept this gospel. They had a ton of amazing questions, and even got married like 6 months ago because their mom told them it is a commandment of God. I love this woman and I don't even know her yet. I think these people are super prepared and after them and David (my last convert, who went to SLC thanks to Xango and was super prepared) have definitely strengthened my testimony that the Lord works in mysterious ways to help his children find the gospel. I love this work.
Next....I dont really remember what happened all that well this week, I just know we spent the majority of the time talking to investigators and getting them to make plans to come to the conference. We had a good 7 people solid to come to conference and about 7 more who said yeah we will come, but didn't have sure plans, so we were excited. To make a long story short.....one by one they called us to say they couldn't come for one reason or another. Every single one....gaaaah it was so frustrating I cannot even explain. So we saw most of the conference but we had to travel to Ramos so we missed the majority of the last session. I saw Elder Holland's talk though and that was probably one of my favorites. I remember that Elder Cook's talk about peace stood out a lot to me, and the thing that helped is that people that are peaceful will avoid conflicts, and peace itself can drown out anger. Other than that I don't really remember too well what all of the talks were. I haven't had time to revise my notes. I do remember feeling in almost every talk that the speaker was talking directly to me and it all hit home. I especially liked the counsel given to faithful members who have ¨wandering family members¨ that they should be an example to them and they will come back through the L'ords means in His time. Also I just loved President Monson's talk about obedience. His story was hilarious and it definitely hit home being a missionary. But I also loved the ¨real life¨ aspect of it while he talked about salvation being the reward for obedience, and that salvation is not possible without obedience. Great conference.
Anyway love you all. I have nothing more to say. I hope you all have a great week and those of you that saw conference make sure to go through and watch or read it again. We often miss important principles the first time through, and would be well benefited to find the things we missed. Have a fantastic week and we will talk soon :)
Un besito, Elder Wells
QUESTIONS:
What was your favorite Conference talk? I would have to say.....Elder Cook's about peace.
What was the best thing that happened to you this past week? We....saw conference! I just love it
What new investigators have you been led to? definitely the familia Franchi. they are just great
Have you felt any extra blessings since the transfer? um....not really. I have just been happy and normal. maybe a bit less tired. except today I am just dead....
Can you now email your convert David? yeah I just did
Are you your new companion's trainer? no I'm his second companion in Argentina
How old is he? 18...one of the first of the new age change generation
How are you getting along with your 3 new roommates? really well. my comp is really quiet but he is a good kid
What do you like best about Mercedes now that you've been there almost 2 weeks? The members are great and the people are generally pretty receptive
Have you met your zone leaders and are they helpful to you? yeah, Elder Larson and Migdat.
What is your favorite chapter in Preach my Gospel? chapter 4. it has helped me so much to recognize spiritual impressions, even though I have a lot more to learn about that.
Have you had any interviews with Presidente lately? Yeah we had to go to the offices for Elder Baneos documents so I took advantage and talked to him. I told him I was kinda frustrated with this week and he helped me alot. He just helped me see how what I'm doing now affects more in the long run and that through the little things I can make big things happen. Its a continual progress that continues after the mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment