SO we started out the week traveling to the offices so my comp could go to capital for his DNI(documents) and I waited in the offices for 5 hours. But it was ok, I mostly sat and chatted with Elder Kezerian for the whole time. It was fun. Then we got back, worked for like an hour and then it was already 9. Haha it takes too long to get from Mercedes to the mission offices. But I like it here so its worth it. Anyway like normal on Tuesday we had district meeting, well actually it was a zone meeting and they just went over some of the rules and such. Not too interesting. But after I went with Elder Merino to Lujan to do divisions. It was pretty fun because he has a good attitude and is pretty funny. We didn't have too much success that day though so it wasn't terribly great in that sense.
The next cool thing I remember that happened was that we got into a house with a family that Elder Baneo said they had already contacted and he didn't want to knock the door. I kinda had a feeling we should though. Or maybe its because the house was pink, and all the green, pink, or orange houses I see I generally knock the door. So I'm not sure. But anyway we got into the house and there is a grandpa, the mom and dad, and two daughters that live there. The familia Farias. They were just kinda talking to us and we asked them about their family, and they said the grandma passed away about a year ago and it was really hard for them. So automatically we shared a scripture about the spirit world and testified of the fact that they will be able to see her again. They loved it and started crying and the spirit was SO strong. I think one of the strongest I have felt it on the mission. They said they could feel it and wanted to learn more about the church, so we are going back tomorrow. I'm stoked :)
We also had a lesson with three siblings, the oldest one is Marina, she is a catholic missionary. They are really cool and loved the restoration. We have a return cita tomorrow as well with them. It was a good week for finding new investigators.
Anyway Saturday night we had an FHE with the ward and they talked about prophets. It was really good but REALLY long. Like an hour and a half lesson. We had to leave to get to the pensh on time before they finished too. SO yeah.
Anyway I have an embarrasing story. So we were teaching a man named Pedro outside his house, he is really poor and only has two chairs so I elected to sit on the support bar of my bike. Well I was talking to him and explaining something and started using my hands to do it, and therefore took my hands off the bike. Well it started rolling down towards the little open sewer pipe he had outside, and so I tried to stand up and grab the bike before it fell. I was kinda trapped under the seat though. I couldn't stand up and then fell on my back. Haha luckily I was able to fall so I didn't fall into the sewer pipe. That would have been bad. I wouldn't have felt embarrased though if all the neighbors hadn't seen it, haha anyway its just something to help me laugh at myself.
Love you all so much and have a great week!
Un Besito, elder Wells
QUESTIONS FROM MOM:
Dad was just watching The Masters Golf Tournament. Angel Cabrera, the Arentine, lost in sudden death to an Australian, and the announcer calls Angel "On-Hell," with his English accent. Is that how you say 'angel' in Spanish? yeah its more like an-hell though. but mostly he's right
I was reading last winter's question to you and I asked if you wanted another sweater and you said yes. Do you still want one for the winter and if so what color is the one you already have? nah I survived one winter I can do it again with one sweater still. Though I might request another white shirt to end with. I dont want the ctr ones though. They are really baggy. Or if you do get me one from there, get one that's not extra long. I dont remember why but there was something that was like extra long or extra big or something and they are kinda really baggy around the waist and the arms. I want one thats a bit more form fitting. But the quality of the ctr clothing is good
I heard of a young man being called to Barcelona where they speak similarly to the Argentine dialect, Do you know about VOSEO? yeah haha that's all they speak here. vos sos, veni vos, sentáte instead of siéntate. haha its just a bit of an accent change is all.
So do Argentines pronounce Castillo as Castizho? its more like castisho but yeah
Remember you said last week you were kinda frustrated with your week and ended up talking to Presidente, just wondering what made you so frustrated? Just the fact that we worked so hard and no one came to church....thats mostly it
Are you planning to go to the Lujan zoo again? yeah at some point.
I read where Elder Hillman took a trip to the Basilica. Did you go again with him and how close in location are you to it? yeha I was with him but didn't take photos and didn't think to tell you. We have to take a train for about 30 minutes
How many times have you made it through the entire book of Mormon? at least 3.
Can you access lds.org at all? no, just to send the letter to presidente






No comments:
Post a Comment